Sunday, September 2, 2007

Trip to Utah


We stayed at my sister Lauren's college apartment for most of our stay in UT. Even though we had to make due without things like a can opener, pots and pans, and real silverware (her old roommates took with them half the kitchen when they left) it was a blast. Maggie kept calling it "Aunt Emma's house" even though it was really Aunt Lulu's house, which frustrated Lauren and amused Emma and me.

My sisters had a mini-birthday party for Maggie since we were there on her birthday and Emma made a birthday sign that said, "Happy Birthday, Monkey!" (We like to call Maggie "monkey" because whenever we ask her what monkey's eat she says, "Monkeys...bananas!" But it sounds like she's saying "monkey madness." Anyway, now instead of saying "happy birthday," she says, "happy monkey." There was a lot of monkey-talk.

Magnet had a reunion with his college buddies. I was shocked that ten college guys planned and put together a reunion with a packed itinerary. It was fun to see everyone, even though nobody changed much, except most of them have wives and kids now.

We also got to see all of our family that live in the area. We stayed with my cousin Aleece and her husband and new baby. I was surprised at how much Maggie loved the baby. Not only did she want to hold the baby, but she wanted me to hold the baby. Now she keeps asking me for a baby sister. It's so cute.

One of the most fun parts of the trip for me was meeting up with my #1 gf, Claire. She has a daughter Maggie's age and it was nice to hang out almost everyday and imagine what it would be like if we lived closer to each other. We went to her library's storytime, the park, swimming and out to eat. I miss her!!

That's it for my boring travel log. :) Now for pictures:




3 comments:

  1. Hey Marie,
    it's Christine (Thaden) Martin. I hope you don't mind but Rae had a link to your site and it's so cute! I can't believe your little girl is already 2! My munchkin is almost 4 months now, which is strange to me. Well I just thought I'd say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog! I found it thru Rae's who found ours thru Abby's. Anyway, it was fun to see what you guys are up to. I can't believe your daugter is already two!!

    Crystal Mickelsen (Neil's wife)
    themickelsens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Claire both look great! That is great that you got to met up and hang out again.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email