Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I've been tagged!
Nicki tagged me, so I have to think of six random tid-bits about myself and then tag six more people. Here's what I've come up with:
1. I hate calling people. I love being called, and I like to talk on the phone, but I hate dialing the digits. It's weird. There are a few exceptions to that. I do like to call my family, my husband and a few friends, but mostly I hate it. It's ironic that I was a print journalism major since I had to call all kinds of people for interviews. It stretched me and made me get better at calling people, but I still don't like it.
2. I think families with children that are all one gender are adorable. I would love to have all girls. I hate to say that because I could very well have a little boy on the way, which would be totally wonderful, too, but I really like the idea of having all girls. If I had had a boy first, I'm sure I would have loved all boys...well, I don't know about that. I am kind of a girlie-girl. We'll just see what happens; we find out the gender next Friday!!
3. I love cold cereal. I eat a bowl every morning and every night. My theory for why I like cereal so much is because it's the easiest thing on the planet to fix, it's not terribly unhealthy, and if it weren't for cereal, I wouldn't drink milk, and I need my calcium.
4. I really love to write, although I'm very chicken about it. I always hesitate to publicize this hobby of mine because then I feel like if I ever write something, like now for instance, people will analyze how well-written or not it is. I rarely-rarely-rarely let people read what I've written unless I think it's absolutely perfect first, which it never is. But I make myself tell people what I'm working on so they'll follow up on my progress. Right now I have 80 pages of a novel under my wing and it's been at 80 pages for several months now. It was my new year's resolution to finish a rough draft of a novel by the year's end. Maybe this will get me plugging along again because it's almost the end of the year!
5. If I could change one physical feature about myself it would be my hair. I have never liked my hair and I despise it now more than ever because ever since I had Isabella it's gone even more psycho on me. It's been a life-long bugger. I didn't even start growing hair until I was two. (Imagine Isabella without hair right now. Yikes!) Then I hit puberty and an ugly perm never grew out. I don't mean to complain. Luckily my hair is fixable. It just takes a lot of time to get it to look normal. That's why it's always up! Something I wouldn't change about myself is my profile. I like it.
6. Ah, number six. Not to sound regretful, but one of the things I'd go back and do again if I could is I would go to German school like the rest of my genius trilingual siblings instead of the American military high school. I hate explaining to everyone I meet that I'm from Germany but I'm not fluent in German. All I can say for myself is that I can get around. Whatever that means. It's made me dread the "where are you from" question when I should enjoy it because it's pretty cool to say that Heidelberg is home. Instead it just ends up being embarrassing. That's it!
(Thanks, Nicki. That was fun!)
Now I tag Melissa, Amy, Kandis, Wendy, Amanda and Heather!
Here's a peek at what we've been up to! Actually, ALL credit goes to my sweet mom. She sewed all weekend long to make our dreams c...
It's definitely hard to believe my baby is eight! Such a special birthday. She is now old enough to be baptized! We are really looking f...
I've never had a broken bone. Will's never had a broken bone. Doesn't it seem like my children should never have any broken b...
I love this family and these girls, I really do. They live just down the street from us, and they are some of our dearest friends! It's ...
(Photo Above taken by my sister Lauren . And the speckles in this picture are actually raindrops!) After the summer ended, I transferre...