Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Party!




For FHE tonight we carved a pumpkin with Bella. It was funny how opinionated she was about how we carved the nose, eyes and mouth. I gave her a lot of options and she was very insistent on diamond eyes, a square nose and a heart-shaped mouth. She also insisted that the pumpkin's name be Isabella, and when I told her we were having a pumpkin party she was convinced that it was the pumpkin's bday, and that it was turning two. I've never been big into Halloween, but having her around makes it so much fun. I can't wait to dress her up as Tinkerbell.

Isabella's also been saying the greatest things lately. Today on the way home from a RS brunch she begged me to let her hold the pan of muffins I had, some laden with frosting. I told her she could hold them but couldn't eat them 'til we got home and could share them with Dadddy. I really thought the seran wrap would keep her from eating them, plus she had just eaten a bunch of muffins at the brunch. Anyway, the whole way home she kept saying, "Daddy's gonna like these!" She probably said it twenty times, but I didn't think much of it until I unbuckled her to find crumbs and frosting everywhere.

On a sweeter note, she said "I love you, Mommy" clear out of the blue yesterday. She tells me she loves me all the time, but it's usually prompted by me saying it first. It was soooo sweet to hear her say it randomly like that. I'm loving the twos.

By the way, I cut Will's hair for the first time in a long time on Saturday. It was a success! The last time I cut his hair was at BYU when we were engaged and it was disaster. I also trimmed Bella's hair. I'm feeling quite accomplished. :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree--the twos are the best! I'm feeling great and I swear this baby won't be here 'til November! Congrats on the good 'hair cutting' experience--I just cut Carter's too and have to admit that I'm still finding flaws to fix--oh, well--he doesn't care! The house (wow--the bed) (love the blue walls!) looks AMAZING--you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stories - cute family! Congrats as well on the haircutting experience. You've been tagged by the way - see my blog! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella is so pretty! She is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for cutting Will's hair--I cut the boys' hair once (and after a couple weeks of REALLY high stress) and it looked like they got in a fight with the scissors. Needless to say, I don't cut their hair anymore! Isabella's gorgeous, and I love her cute little "quotables". :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email