Monday, November 12, 2007

Book Worm

Here's a list of the books I've read in the last few years. I'll highlight the ones that I thought were especially good reads if you're looking for a new book. (Yes, I'm a sucker for Nicholas Sparks books.) Oh, and I really liked the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith, but I have to say that after the third or fourth one they all kind of read the same to me. Books that I wouldn't recommend on my list are Smashed and The Memory Keepers Daughter.

Life of Pi-Yann Martel
Grapes of Wrath-John Steinbeck
East of Eden-John Steinbeck
Eats, Shoots and Leaves-Lynn Truss
The Wedding-Nicholas Sparks
The Rescue-Nicholas Sparks
Nights in Rodanthe-Nicholas Sparks
True Believer-Nicholas Sparks
Uncle Tom’s Cabin-Harriet Beecher Stowe
The Firm-John Grisham
The Gaurdian-Nicholas Sparks
At First Sight-Nicholas Sparks
Angels and Demons-Dan Brown
Night Time is My Time-Mary Higgins Clark
Message in a Bottle-Nicholas Sparks
A Bend in the Road-Nicholas Sparks
Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen
The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom
The Read Aloud Handbook-Jim Trelease
Sarah Bishop-Scott O Dell
The Day No Pigs Would Die-Robert Newton Peck
Playful Parenting-Lawrence J. Cohen
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants-Ann Brashares
The Glass Castle-Jeannette Walls
Smashed-Koren Zailkis
Memoirs of a Geisha-Arthur Golden
The Catcher in the Rye-J.D. Salinger
The House On Mango Street-Sandra Cisneros
The Five Love Languages-Gary Chapman
The Secret Life of Bees-Sue Monk Kidd
For One More Day-Mitch Albom
Tuesdays with Morrie-Mitch Albom
The Giver-Lois Lowry
Gathering Blue-Lois Lowry
Skipping Christmas-John Grisham
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter-Kim Edwards
The #1 Ladies Detective Agency-Alexander McCall Smith
Dear John-Nicholas Sparks
Tears of the Giraffe-Alexander McCall Smith
Morality for Girls-Alexander McCall Smith
The Kalahari Typing School For Men-Alexander McCall Smith
The Full Cupboard of Life-Alexander McCall Smith
In the Company of Cheerful Ladies-Alexander McCall Smith
No Plot, No Problem-Chris Baty
Blue Shoes and Happiness-Alexander McCall Smith
Jane Eyre-Charlotte Bronte
Darcy’s Story-Janet Aylmer
Fishers of Men; The Kingdom and the Crown-Gerald Lund
Come Unto Me; The Kingdom and the Crown-Gerald Lund
He is Risen; The Kingdom and the Crown-Gerald Lund
Number the Stars-Lois Lowry
Twilight-Stephenie Meyer
Little Women-Louisa May Alcott
New Moon-Stephenie Meyer

6 comments:

  1. Wow you have quite the list of good books. You inspire me to read more. There are lots of books you've read that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie - I found your blog through....either Rachel or Christine or Crystal... :) Can't even remember which now, but it's so nice to see how you're doing! And Isabella is beautiful!

    I've read a lot of the same books you have. And I saw that you listed Twilight - did you read New Moon & Eclipse yet? I love those! And I just started the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency today actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the quiz! I AM WONDER WOMAN--YES! I'm so excited you got published! I can't wait to read the article! And thanks for the book list--I can't wait to get started on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the book list!! You are awesome! We must be kindred spirits because you had a LOT of them on your list that I love as well! Good recommendations too! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Marie,
    You need to share with me your secret of finding time to read! Reading the Book of Mormon for 15 min/day is all I find time for. How and when do you do it???-wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute!! It's too bad that we didn't get to hang out more in college. Seems like we both like the same kind of stuff. I love reading too. It's so relaxing for me. The only time I get to read now is when I'm up at 2 am feeding Spencer. But it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email