Sunday, January 20, 2008

Love Tag

How long have you been together?
Magnet and I will celebrate our fourth anniversary in May! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by, and I also can't believe that we met in 2000. We've known each other for quite awhile now.

Who said "I Love You" first?
Ummm, I'm assuming Magnet did because it would be very unlike me to "make the first move" sort of speak, but honestly, I can't remember! Man, this is embarrassing! Hang on. It'll come to me. Oh yeah! Now I remember...funny story, actually.
When Magnet and I first dated in 2000 it was love at first sight for me and I was dead certain I'd met the man I was going to marry. (I was 18 and fresh out of high school and he was fresh off of his mission.) We dated and about three months later he broke my heart when he said he just didn't feel like we should date anymore--that I was perfect in every way, he just didn't feel like the timing was right.
I thought he was just trying to break it to me sweetly, but we broke up and sure enough two and a half years later we got back in touch through email. Not long after that he called me and told me he loved me and wanted to date again! TWO-PLUS YEARS LATER! Well, even though I compared every guy I would date during our intermission to him, my pride got in the way and I told him that I just happened to be in a relationship (about a week in) and that I was going to give this new guy a chance. Well, I gave that guy a big chance--even got engaged to him, but it wasn't right and to my heart's deepest gratitude I ended up marrying Magnet in '04. Now I'm trying to remember when I first told Magnet I loved him...can you believe I'm forgetting this stuff? Shame on me!

Who is smarter?
Hands down, Magnet is. (You just witnessed my awful memory!) It's not that I'm not smart, he's just smarter, and it's honestly hard to compare us because we're smart in opposite ways. He's good at math and business and brainy stuff and I'm better at being creative and thinking outside of the box...at least I think so.

Who Pays the Bills?
I pay the bills. I don't think there's much rhyme or reason to that, other than that both of our moms pay the bills, so it's what we're used to.

Who Cooks Dinner?
Me. Magnet has been so patient with me as I continue learning how to get a meal on the table. I think I'm improving a lot. I'm even beginning to enjoy it once in awhile. It's also nice that Magnet often cleans up afterward and never complains about leftovers or burnt entrees or runny jell-0.

Who drives when you're in the car together?
Magnet because I HATE driving. I wrecked his car at least twice while we were engaged, so he learned quickly that we're all a lot safer when he's behind the wheel. That is, as long as he's awake (he tends to drift off when we go on road trips), and as long as he keeps his road rage at bay (that's when he thinks it's okay to drive like he's on the autobahn--not okay.)

Who is the most stubborn?
I don't consider either of us very stubborn, although I think that whatever stubbornness we do have, it's about equal. Does that make sense? We're equally stubborn, but not that stubborn to begin with.

Who wears the pants in your family?
Hmmmm... this is a tough one. Magnet really humble and quick to say he's sorry, so I probably get my way more than I should, but I really think we're equal in that regard. We both hold our own pretty well.

Okay, now three random things about me:
1. For no particular reason I've been thinking lately about the little knick-knacks I'm attracted to: earrings, scarves, headbands--pretty much any type of apparel. I can never seem to have enough of these things. Something you won't catch me wearing very often is necklaces. I'm not sure why. I just think they look funny on me. Actually, I think it's because my earrings are so dangly and often big that wearing a necklace with my earrings would be too much, and there's no way I'm going to sacrifice wearing earrings for a necklace, although I have been eying this necklace at lisaleonard.blogspot.com:


2. I'd rather eat chocolate chips than cake or chocolate chip cookies or just about any baked good, except cheese cake. I love cheese cake. And since I've been pregnant nothing has sounded as good as chocolate and I was a chocoholic before I was pregnant, so it hasn't been a good situation for me. Now I'm a chocoholicX10.

3. I hate being the center of attention unless I'm expected to be. For example, I was a gymnast and cheerleader growing up ,and since I was expected to be in front of a crowd cheering and acting cheesy or tumbling around, I did, and was even kind of good at it. But I'm not one to raise my hand in a class or advertise my talents or host a party. Too much attention. And that's one of the reasons I don't like being pregnant--my belly and changing body draw way too many eyes.

Alrighty, that's it. Now I tag Audra, Melissa, Amy, Kandis, Wendy and Amanda!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! My mom gave me your blog address and I can't believe how much Bella has grown! I guess it has been since summer 2006 at your mother and father-in-laws lake house..but still, can you believe how quick they grow up and don't need mommy's help anymore!? Anyway, your blog is way cute..We need to get together sometime! I hear you moved somewhat recently to Port Orchard! Thats great and closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing your story and about the cute relationship you guys have. Thanks also for that link - I love that lady's jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say that you tag Melissa, are you referring to me? :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email