Monday, January 7, 2008

"Hurray! Mommy, take a picture!"

I never thought these words would bring me such joy: "A poopy's coming!" When Maggie told me, I reacted as though she said, "A pile of cash is coming!" I said, "It is!? Let's run!" And that's what we did. We ran to the potty.

It was a false alarm; she went number one, something she does from time to time. We still cheered and stuck another sticker on the fridge, but I was disappointed that it wasn't a number two, since she usually hides in my closet when she does that lovely number. Then, about an hour later, Maggie said it again, "A poopy's coming!"

I wasn't quite as excited as the first time she said it because, well, the poopy never showed up. But I stripped her down and let her dance around the bathroom while I went back to my book. Every once in awhile I'd get pulled away from the words on the page by feet pattering around the house and then back into the bathroom again because this poopy (which was taking forever to arrive) was once again coming.

Finally the pattering stopped and she came out quite calmly and said, "Mommy, there's a poopy in there." I'll admit, I didn't believe her, but went to peek like a good mommy and sure enough! Woohoo! I was the one dancing around the bathroom in praise! Then I was laughing because she would run into the bathroom every few minutes to look at her accomplishment and say "Hurray! Mommy, take a picture!" And again, like a good mommy, I took a picture! (Sick, I know, but she was so proud!) And after all we've been through (remember THIS) I even kind of wanted to take a picture, but I'll spare all of you the sight.

For fellow potty trainers out there, (not that I'm home free yet), we checked out a DVD from the library for little girls called "Once Upon a Potty for Her" that she just loves and has begged me to watch over and over again this last week. I really think it helped her grasp the whole concept!

7 comments:

  1. that is sooo... funny! she is such a silly girly girl! but it is so adorable!! ♥♥ (lissie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! Several of my sisters & friends swear by the book "Toilet Training in Less Than A Day" by Nathan Azrin. I actually just read it & fully intend to use it when I train Lincoln.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! What an exciting milestone! I'm so glad you blogged about it so when she's older she can read about her potty adventures as a two year old:) Hopefully one day Carter will be joining the ranks--although I know it won't be anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to that little girl (and her mommy!) What a milestone and so funny that she was so excited! Hurray for Isabella!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome!! And it was so good of you to take the picture. I will have to remember that DVD when I start potty training Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallelujah! I will admit that I am dreading potty training Brayden....I wish that it was something that they just did...wouldn't that be great??!! Anyway, tell Isabella congrats and I hope it continutes!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email