Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SWEET

I love Real Simple magazine. I don't subscribe, but check out several back issues each time I go to the library. Anyway, they had this article about what you can do with picture frames, that you normally wouldn't think to do. Well, one was make it an earring display/holder. I happened to have an unused frame laying around and Magnet sweetly volunteered to do the handiwork. He just strung some wire across the back with eyelet hooks. Then he hung it next to my mirror in our bathroom. I LOVE it! It's decorative yet functional and gives some personality to our bathroom, not to mention tidies it up a bit. Lately my earrings have been sprawled out on the counter. It was so sweet of him to do this for me--thanks Magnet! Now I'm thinking I want to paint the frame since it gets lost against our tan walls. I just can't decide what color. Maybe white?

7 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I need some good jewelry storage/display. I think a white frame would look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Real Simple too - cool project - and yes, I'm sure white would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I think white or maybe a really pale blue would be pretty. What a smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is the frame cute, but I want all of your earrings! What a great idea! Keep posting ideas like these, I need all the help I can get! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Kacey, I want your earings....and, I'm all about color.... go with a fun color to paint the frame. If you hate it, then paint it white. -wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie! I've been spying on you too!!! Hahahaha! Now I guess we'll have to be REAL friends and not secret ones.:-)

    This idea is AWESOME and I'm totally doing it.

    (You should paint it red, or pink, or lavender, something girly that still matches, then, like Wendy said, paint it white if you don't like it. Acrylic paint is cheap.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute!! I love that magazine too. It makes me feel organized.=) Blake got me a standing jewelry box for Christmas. I have always wanted one and now I am happy because I have an excuse to get new jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email