Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ten months and Ten Years Later...

...my friend Melissa Porcelli from our good old days at Heidelberg High School comes to visit me from Georgia! We knew each other back in 11th grade when she lived in Heidelberg, Germany for about ten months. We haven't seen each other in a decade! We've been in especially good touch since about October thanks to gchat and upcoming baby due dates (she's due in June), and we decided it was high time for us to get together. She spent about five days with us and reminded me of so many fun times I'd long-forgotten. She has an incredible memory--she even remembers my old phone number. It was so much fun!! Thanks for coming, Melissa!!

US NOW



AND THEN



Here are some pictures of some of what we did this week. I'll probably post more later since we took more pictures on her camera that she's going to email me.

Trip to Seattle

We fed goldfish to the seagulls at Manchester State Park


Melissa got me through Book Club this past week, bless her heart. I'm sure it wasn't so exciting for her since she's never read the book. She helped me bake treats and get the house all ready. Next months' book is The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

She was also here for the baby shower two friends of mine threw for me. It was so much fun to see my Poulsbo friends and eat yummy crepes and smoothies and we got some really awesome stuff for Magson. Thanks everyone!

The best part of her stay was just hangin' out and chatting and watching movies and eating yummy food. It was so fun to have some girl time!

5 comments:

  1. What a great time! No fair that you look so awesome at the end of the pregnancy. Excited to see Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She kind of reminds me of Lauren! How fun! And Marie, you hardly look pregnant!! You look like me now!! jk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa, I remember her. She was always so sweet to me. It's so awesome that you keep in touch with some old HHS buddies. I haven't kept in touch with anyone, and it makes me sad. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! Marie, you look really wonderful. I can't believe you're about to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had so much fun. Old friends are so great.

    I feel like such an idiot--I totally spaced book club. I remembered about it Friday morning. Oh, well, you already know I've gone crazy;-).

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email