Friday, June 27, 2008

Meet Miss Moody

Maggie is moody!

I love the girl more than chocolate and ice cream and cookies, but I'm seriously concerned when she a.) goes back and forth a bazillion times about whether she does or doesn't want me to pick out her clothes, b.) screams loud enough to make my heart stop because her nose won't stop running and then cries in hysterics because "she's sick" when really, her nose is running simply because she won't stop crying because I wouldn't let her wear her size 12-month dresses that simply do not fit her, and c.) goes from outraged (because I forgot to let her dump her oatmeal packet in her breakfast bowl) to caressing my cheeks and dramatically saying, "I lub you so much" in an about-to-burst-into-tears-any-moment tone of voice in three minutes tops.

Seriously. Is this normal?

Normal or not, I can't help but stand back and laugh sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's normal...plus she's a girl! I remember going through my teenage years and saying, I hope I don't have girls because we're so dramatic.:) I love the picture of Bella turning her head with her sunglasses on, it's like she's saying, No, I'm the boss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, yes it is normal....unless Hailey and Bella are both psychos.=) Just try to grin and bear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally normal, but it will drive you to drink sometimes :) If you haven't read "Parenting with Love and Logic" I would say now is the time to start reading it :) It has helped me a ton with Brooklyn. Brooklyn freaks out when I tell her she needs to wear pants and I've just learned it's not worth fighting over so I usually give her 2 dresses or skirts to choose from and she gets to decide. I wish I could tell you that it's going to get better but so far I haven't seen the light at the end of the tunnel and I might not for another 14+ years :) Oh well girls are such a blessing and I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world. If you need any advice, feedback, or just to vent please email me. You're doing great with Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow~
    I guess I'll get my turn with that when I get a girl. It's halarious to read about but probably hard to put up with every day. I think it's normal. Hang in there! You're a great mom and I absolutely love the way you put things down on paper (or computer). It's so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carie hasn't reached this stage... yet. I can see it coming! She's got more emotions... I second Parenting with Love and Logic. It has helped me so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie you are so funny....I think I am still like Isabella somtimes :) So it is a good thing we have boys or the drama in our house would be out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That sounds like the ULTIMATE terrible twos! I laugh because I really do know EXACTLY how it feels! I'm sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. bella is a normal, dramatic little girlie girl! :) anna brooke is the same way! trust me, i know exactly what you're going through! but just keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email