Saturday, July 12, 2008

All About Maggie


Again, Maggie got tagged, and I've been so excited to do this post because, quite frankly, I think the girl is brilliant and funny and so easy to write about. I've been trying to condense all that I'd love to share with you in a post--not a novel--and I think I've narrowed down the things about my girly girl that make me smile most. Can you tell this is her mother speaking?

First and foremost, she's my dream girl. Like I said before, when I used to daydream about having kids, I'd always dream about a pretty little girl that only wore dresses, loved everything pink and frilly, and was a little dramatic. Sometimes I want to take back my drama wish...

Actually, I always hoped I'd have a little girl just like my little sister, Lissie. Lissie refused to wear anything but dresses, was one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen (and still is) and added her fair share of drama to our home growing up...like the phase she went through at age fourish where she'd hide your stuff if she got upset with you. We all thought it was pretty funny (well, now we do--noooo, I'm pretty sure we all thought it was funny then, too) when she hid my sister's guitar on Christmas Eve when Emma was supposed to play it in our family's annual talent night for the company we had over. Emma's turn came up and her guitar was nowhere to be found. Sure enough, Emma and Lissie had gotten in a riff earlier that day and the guitar later turned up underneath my parent's bed.

But back to Maggie-Faves before this does turn into too many words:
  • This is not an understatement: Maggie tells me she loves me at least 50 times out of nowhere everyday. It sure doesn't get old.


  • She's very particular and opinionated. Her duvet cover has to be just right when I tuck her in at night. You've probably heard or read about her opinion in the fashion department. I still can't figure out what it is she's after (mix match? dresses only? bathing suit?). There's always an opinion, though.


  • She mostly gallops everywhere. Every once in awhile there's a deliberate run to her stride, fists clenched, her arms in a perfect "L" shape, chin down, but it turns back into a graceful gallop before long, and not long after that she takes fairy flight with her arms extended backwards and behind her. "I'm flying, Mom, I'm flying!" she calls.


  • She's incredibly independent and normally refuses help at all costs. She has never been one to bat an eye when I leave her with someone. She's been babysat by a teenager a few times and this last time I left her with someone she'd never really seen or met before and she went up and gave her a big hug and said, "Bye, Mom!" (A little scary, eh?)


  • When she watched the firework show on the Fourth, she kept jumping up and down saying, "It's magical, Mom, it's magical!!" This brings me to Maggie and the topic of magic. I mentioned in an earlier post that she has an imaginary friend; well, now she has a magical kingdom of imaginary friends that are the size of fairies. She's always scooping them up and taking them places. We were all in the car ready to run some errands the other day and I heard her from the back seat say, "Tinkerbell, you can't fly up there!" She has two sisters (twins), Whya and Hiya, and gets rather upset if you mix them up. And there's another one, too, but its name is jibberish to me. I can't make sense of it.


  • Her smile, when she chooses to flash it, melts. my. heart.


  • She loves to be read to. Oftentimes she tells me that she's ready for her nap because she anxious for us to cozy up to some books. And I love that she brings her books into her life. We're in love with the Fancy Nancy books right now and just today she said, "I want a squizit (exquisite) birfday!" She got that from Fancy Nancy and often pretends to be her.

To sum things up, Maggie is a beautiful angel girl who lights up my life and I love her dearly. I wish there were different words to say "I love you" because it's one of those things where of course I love my kids, but really, I love you, Maggie, every last princess ounce of you.

5 comments:

  1. Kandis MortensenJuly 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM

    Simply beautiful (when's your novel coming out? I could read your posts all day...) What a girl! It makes me really sad that I don't live just down the street:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that she has magical faries for friends.

    Girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these two posts. they are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. geat posts on your kids - they will love to read them when they are older! Beautiful and very descriptive writing - what a talent you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! What a cute little girly-girl. :) You make it feel like I know her! She is very beautiful-just like mom.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email