Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dirty Trick

You know that dirty hair trick? The one where I stop washing my hair because it's supposedly bad for it? Well, after going six days without washing it with shampoo (I like to think I've still been washing it, just with water--makes me feel better about this whole thing), I caved and washed it. It was the day we left for Vegas, and something about sitting in an airplane and arriving to a sweaty heat wave made me reintroduce my ever so shiny, two shades darker, stiff, yet not greasy, hair to shampoo. It was a welcome reunion. An anthem of hallelujahs went off in my head.

But you know what? My next stretch was seven days! And now I'm on day two of round three and I really think there's something to this. I really feel like my head is adjusting, although it's coming at a cost to my psychologic health. I'm now paranoid about whether I look like I have dirty hair. Before leaving for church on Sunday (day seven of round two) I asked Magnet a gazillion times if my hair looked dirty as I hopped from mirror to mirror in our house, making sure that I was passing the dirty hair check from every possible vantage point. I felt a tad greasy, but there wasn't time to hop back in the shower for another shampoo reunion, so I suffered paranoia at church and promptly washed my hair the next morning. Now I'm shooting for an eight-day stretch.

On to other hair news. When I washed my hair two days ago, a both dreaded and dreadful thing happened. Some hair fell out in the shower. The bliss of not losing hair for my nine months of pregnancy has come to an end. I now have fuzzy hairline syndrome to look forward to--in a year! (Why does it have to take my hair so long to grow???) This reminds me... I noticed a weird looking "stain" on Magson's sheets that same day I lost that hair. As I got a closer look and put my hand to the sheets, I realized it was fuzz--baby Magson hair fuzz. We're both losing our hair. How monumental. Maybe I should jot it down in his baby book.

4 comments:

  1. Kandis MortensenJuly 3, 2008 at 12:24 PM

    I contemplating joining you in your 'dirty hair' endeavor... Hmmm, I'm definitely tempted--but am I brave enough?? I'll let you know--meanwhile, keep me updated on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask you how the hair thing was going. I really don't think I could do it. I went 3 days last week without just because I seriously didn't even have time to, and ya, it got pretty greasy. Anyway, let me know how it goes. Carter's got a bald spot in the back too, but he doesn't have much hair to speak of right now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted about this... been wondering how that whole no washing thing was going... good to know. I am not sure I could even make it for 6, so good job. But boy oh boy... how much time I'd save... my hair is super thick... always a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I am late in posting, but I have heard of MANY people who don't use shampoo on their hair.

    Some famous, some not.

    I think it's neat that you are trying it, I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email