Thursday, July 10, 2008

These are the Moments


Kandis tagged Maggie and Magson a few weeks ago and I'm finally getting to it! I'll start with Magson today, and I'll do Maggie on my next post.

This baby boy has tapped into a love mine I never knew existed within me--well, I've always known I'd love my boys, but the intensity has surprised me. Before I had Maggie, whenever I envisioned having kids, I always pictured girls because I am a girl and I think I understand girls and I have lots in common with girls! I didn't know what I'd do with a son if and when he entered my life.
I still don't know what life with my Magson will bring me, but I do know that every day, hour, minute and second he's been a part of my life, he has expanded me for the better. I love more, I serve more, I care more about the important things. Heck, I'm even opening up to the idea of Boy Scouts.

As I was gazing into his eyes at different times throughout today, I kept thinking, man, I've got to capture these moments with more pictures and more journal entries because the here and now is just a page in his storybook. It's so fleeting and I never want to forget.
So, at three and a half months here are the things I love most about Magson:
    • As my mom so perfectly said earlier today, he continues to surprise us! He popped up two bottom teeth this week; He's huge for his age; He rarely spits up; He often sleeps through the night.
    • In the early morning hours, when I'm usually not ready to greet a new day, I bring him in bed with me and lie him on my chest and he sleeps and snuggles with me for about an hour. It's easily one of my favorite times of the day.

    • His love for us is so transparent. He smiles every time Maggie comes near him, even though half the time she's a little rough around him. He does the same thing with Magnet. All Magnet has to do is look his way and he starts kicking like an Olympian and smiling like he won the gold.

    • He's all boy. I look at his arms that are so fat that they look muscular and think, wow, those are definitely boy arms, and then on down to his thunder thighs and down even farther to his especially masculine big toe. When I tried those hair bows I crocheted on him to see how they'd look on a baby, he threw his biggest fit yet and didn't look at all girlish.
    • He's a good eater. He already follows my fork at the dinner table, his eyes telling us so clearly that he'd just like to taste a little. There will be no cajoling and counting bites with this kid. He's going to go to town when he's introduced to solids. I'm betting he's even gonna like eating his vegetables.
Magson is quite simply perfect, just as all babies are. It's such a brief moment in one's lifetime, when a person can claim perfection and he's it. He's perfect.

Magson tags Carter, Dillon, BrookeLynn, Carson, Cade, and Lucy.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! How old is he? When Caleb was around age 4 months and weighed a whoppin' 15 lbs. plus, the doctor told us to start solids because he was heavy enough that he might need more than just mom's milk. So, he was the earliest of our three to start solids and he loved it! I don't know what your doctor says, but he might be ready now for solids, especially if he's interested. Just a thought...
    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandis MortensenJuly 13, 2008 at 1:09 PM

    Thanks so much for that! I truly enjoyed reading it! I can't believe how fast he's growing, and he's beautiful! (oh, and I'm on week two of baking soda and vinegar rinses twice a week....!)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email