Monday, August 25, 2008

More Important, I love you.

Right now I'm helping Maggie put together a 24-piece Cinderella puzzle she got for her birthday, helping her for the fifth time. She just wants to do it over and over again, but with each time her patience is thinning and she's more inclined to cry when she can't fit the pieces together. I'm more inclined to cry, too.

I asked her, "Are you getting tired? Frustrated? Should we put it away?"

And then she responded with words beyond her years, "Yes, but more 'portant, I lub you." She sunk in her seat, tilted her head, and put a shy smile on, waiting for my response to what she even recognized as a brilliantly sweet thing to say, and ah! I responded by gobbling her in kisses and telling her that I lub her, too.

I don't play with her enough, and this tells me I need to sit down and work a puzzle with her over and over again for hours. It's more important than the dirty dishes because to her it says, "I love you."

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sweet! It makes me want to cry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, i need to get down and play more with braydon. i remember before having two that i was able to do that ALOT more with him, i miss it. in fact i think i will go do a puzzle with my son!! thanks marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so sweet! I feel the same way! Last night in fact, Addy and I did puzzles for over an hour. She's so into them right now and we just do them over and over and "switch" back and forth (as Addy would say). That's pretty much the only thing we do together though, and read stories. I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so sweet! I feel the same way! Last night in fact, Addy and I did puzzles for over an hour. She's so into them right now and we just do them over and over and "switch" back and forth (as Addy would say). That's pretty much the only thing we do together though, and read stories. I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so sweet! I feel the same way! Last night in fact, Addy and I did puzzles for over an hour. She's so into them right now and we just do them over and over and "switch" back and forth (as Addy would say). That's pretty much the only thing we do together though, and read stories. I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too cute. It gets easier to hang out with them when they get older. At least it has been for me. More fun dress up, make believe, funny conversations. Hailey and I have started to do a lot of crafts together. There are a ton online and she is so proud of herself when they are all done. Don't be too hard on yourself though. It took me awhile to figure out how to stretch myself a bunch of different ways after having Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just so sweet! What a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of the mouths of babes...that is very important for all of us parents to remember that no matter what "Most important, I love you." You have such a great daughter!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email