Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ecstatic

I don't think I'll have time to blog tomorrow, so I'll post this a day early. I have to tell you two things I'm ecstatic about:

First, we're vacating to Oahu on Friday, so check back in about a week for pictures! I absolutely, positively can't wait for this trip. I have to thank Magnet's parents for being so generous and kind to us. (We're using their time share and spare sky miles.) Don't they just rock?!

Second, I've decided to try my hand at photography, something I've always dreamed of doing, and I bought my first digital SLR camera this week!! It should get here around the time we get back. I had planned on getting it before our Hawaii trip, but it just didn't happen. Researching what camera to buy was A LOT more involved than I expected. (Thanks for all the help, Jessica and Shannon!)

So there you have it, the two things that are keeping me up at night out of sheer excitement.

Be back in about a week!

10 comments:

  1. eeeh, i am super excited for you too. you are going to have such a blast in hawaii, and i am super super excited to have another ally in my photog journey!! call me when you get back, and we can go practice together, i have found some pretty spots that i am excited to shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Have a blast! Call me when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Have a blast in Hawaii! And tons of congrats on the Photography decision... it really is so much fun. So, what camera did you end up getting? You are going to have so much fun with it... and you have the most adorable little models to work. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ope--I was going to email you about cameras! Sorry I'm a bit late. :) Which camera did you choose?! I'm so excited to see your photography talent grow--I know you're going to be amazing, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous. You will have so much fun and be so fabulously tan...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man!!! I am GREEN (envy) both for the trip and the camaera! That will be a splurge of mine some day! Have a ton of fun and get a tan for me!! Cute pics of your kids too! I can't believe how Liam is so big now!!! (well, bigger...) cute fam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo fun! Can't wait to hear about your vacay.

    I bet you'll love your camera. I've been toying around with the idea of getting an SLR...what kind did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness....have fun! Take lots of pictures, can't wait to see them and hear about your fun trip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fun trip. Have a great time. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For everyone interested, I got the Canon Rebel XSi body and then a 50mm f/1.4 lens. I also got a zoom lens that came with the body I got. The body arrived in the mail already, and I'm having a blast reading the manual and trying to figure it all out. I'm still waiting for my lens to arrive. I'm already having so much fun!! Thanks for all the well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email