Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hawaii!!

It's time like these, when I'm posting more than three pictures, that I hate blogger.

There, I said it.

And as much as I'd like this to be coherent and chronological, I'm not willing to put in the time blogger requires for that to happen, so below is the jumble of pictures. Hopefully you can still get a sense of the awesome trip we had!

Maggie pretending Magnet's a surfboard

This is Maggie wearing her banana leaf crown the Samoan guy who could climb a palm tree gave her for raising her arms in the air, squatting, and then swaying her hips in front of a large crowd. We were so proud!
Pretty eyes


Magnet paddling out with the local we met at church who offered to take us surfing. His name was Barry and he was SO nice! I got some surfing in too, but no pictures of that. :(

The kiddos watching a movie on the plane ride over. Thanks, AJ!

In this picture Maggie was running away from the waves, but kept falling in the sand.

At the Polynesian Cultural Center Will learned how to play "You Are My Sunshine" on the ukulele.

A view of Waikiki

Thought this was cute of Magnet. We were really getting a kick out of the Samoan guy.

The sunset that same night

The Hawaiian sky

We spent Sunday driving around the island and stopped at the Oahu Temple (above and below) and the Visitors' Center, as well as BYU-Hawaii.



My handsome boys hanging out at the Visitors' Center

Just cute, oh, and he now has eight teeth! Popped two more on our trip.

Maggie kept wanting to come back and sit with Jesus.

Magson LOVED the pool...wasn't a huge fan of the ocean's waves, though.


Our resort had these great lagoons for the kids. It was awesome to not have to worry about Maggie getting toppled by the waves.
A shot of one of the lagoons
We spent so much time at this pool. This was also the view from our room.

Maggie was so happy the entire trip. When we were on the plane home she started bawling because she already missed "Hawahwee." Then when the plane was landing she had everyone around us laughing because she peered out her window and said, "Look, Mommy-Marey! I think I see "Hawahwee."

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip! That's so fun that you were able to do that! I cannot believe Liam has 8 teeth!!! He is just SO cute. I love seeing pictures of him. Hope you get settled back in soon. Sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation once you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun! i bet you miss it. Phil will be there soon - too bad we can't make a family vacation out of it too! Glad you're back. We'll have to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!! what a wonderful time. you got some incredible shots with your p&s!! so glad you had fun. i am soo excited about your camera getting here. that is awesome, call me anytime you want to go out and practice, i need all that i can get. i just order a new lense. 50mm 1.4f, should be here tomorrow of tuesday! lets get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds delightful! Love the Bella calls you Mommy-Maree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am soooooo jealous! It looks like you had a fabulous time! Great pictures too. I can't wait to see what you can do with your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, mommy-maree - looks like Hawahwee was the greatest!!(Bella's awesome!!) I don't think it mattered that your pics weren't in any special order and I agree with the blogger complaint with pics. You guys are the cutest fam ever and I am glad you got the chance to have a great vacay!! Can I come next time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun!! I hope you got plenty of chances to relax and enjoy the sunshine. I can't wait to see the pics you take with your new camera! I sure did miss you while you were gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how nice!! You got some awesome pictures!! Was that with your new camera? Hopefully someday we can all go to Hawaii together:) Looks like you had a blast. It looks beautiful there. And your kiddies are so cute. I honestly cannot believe Liam! That boy blows me away. 8 teeth!?!?!? I really think he stayed in you too long or something...hee hee. Call me sometime this week when you get a chance, I want to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I think I'm with Isabella, I wouldn't have wanted to leave either! And she calls you Mommy-Marie?? Brayden started calling me Mommy-Manda a couple of weeks ago....I'm so glad he's not the only one who does that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. marie,
    I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. You really are pretty good on a camera. Dave and I have a Rebel too. It is a great camera! Glad you had some fun together:)!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email