Monday, September 22, 2008

New Camera


Obviously, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to photography, but I took my new camera that arrived on Saturday for a spin tonight for family night. I have to say, Maggie was quite smiley! I used a poor lens (from what my internet research tells me, and I have to say I'm disappointed in how the quality is looking here, and while I know I'm clueless, I was hoping for better than this, but I guess I can attribute my disappointment to ignorance and a poor lens). I'm excited for the lens I have coming in the mail. Hopefully it will arrive any day now. Anyway, enjoy the shots of the kiddos, and hopefully with some practice and my new lens, the quality of these pictures will be much better!
Oh, and I know some of you are interested in what I bought. I got a Canon Rebel Xsi and used a 28-80mm zoom lens for the below pictures, but I'm really excited about the 50mm f/1.4 lens I have coming in the mail. :)
And one last thing, I have an all-new respect for all you amazing photographers out there! What you do takes some serious skill!








11 comments:

  1. I love that last one of liam. My sister has a rebel and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You have the most adorable family, Marie! So, you are totally right to be so excited for your 50mm 1.5... it is a FABULOUS lens - you will love it... I have mine on most of the time (only take it off to go telephoto or wide). Have a blast with it!

    Also, your trip looked so amazing - what a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are gorgeous and so are the pix. I have a rebel (film) with a couple different lenses, maybe I should get one in digital. I wonder if I could still use my old lenses? Can you make it so the shutter doesn't delay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those last 2 are my favorites. I also like the shot of Liam in the swing - that's a great in-the-moment shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what kind of SLR you bought. I've heard good things about it from other friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie! These are great--don't poo-poo your skills. You will LOVE the 50mm!!! I was going to recommend it if you hadn't already bought it. I shoot most everything with it; it's seriously the coolest lens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well you have three beautiful models to work with :). you are going to love your new lense. LIFE CHANGING!! i like the one of liam and will on the swing, liams eyes are so happy to see his papa!! keep posting those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I would love a new camera for this new kiddo! It makes all the difference in the world!

    Oh, by the way, I hate Blogger for the crappy uploading and posting of pictures! My friend suggested that I try using a slide show instead. She said it takes all the time and stress of putting together a picture-rich post away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures, I think they are adorable. And your Hawaii trip looked amazing. Someday we will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing great with your pics. (I have no advice for you cause I'm as dumb as they come)
    Your children are so beautiful. That last one Liam! Wow Look at those eyes! How was your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute pics,that is the same camera that my hubby uses and that is what he does for a living, so good choice on the camera, and cute subjects.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email