Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Simple Pleasure

I can't narrow my simple pleasures down to just one, so here's a list of my many:
  • snacking on chocolate chips by the handful

  • reading Real Simple in the bathtub

  • typing

  • a back rub

  • going to the library

  • buying clothes without giving the price a second glance, trying everything on at home, and then returning it a few days later after I've enjoyed my shopping high

  • honey nut cheerios

  • date nights with Will

  • a clean chick flick

  • reading something that moves me

  • eating Frosties with my sisters

  • my mom all to myself

  • long talks with my dad about current events

  • making lists

  • crossing things off lists

  • being understood

  • interviewing Maggie

  • watching Magson eat

  • a good cry

  • a good laugh

  • dreaming up the endless possibilities for naming my future children... names like Penelope Jane or Olivia Claire or Pierce Ashton, and making up funny names like jack thunder and pierce lightning...

Since I'm tired and feeling kind of sick, this little reminder of my life's simple pleasures has been a boost, not to mention an easy way to write on low brain power.

5 comments:

  1. hope you are feeling better! i was pretty miserable yesturday, but today have felt so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list. I think you've inspired me to make my own! Count your many blessings... even the smallest ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the simple pleasures! Gives me a smile and a bit of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you take that picture? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Misty! I did take that picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email