Monday, October 20, 2008

B is for Bows

"We're only as creative as the people we copy."

I heard that line this past weekend from Jill, my new friend who totally went out of her way to teach me how to make bows. And yep, that line definitely holds true for me! She taught me how to make the bows on Friday morning and I stayed up until 2am cranking out bows that night, and then I doubly copied her by making this little sign thingy (I have no idea what to call it!) for Isabella to hang her bows from. I need to find a good spot on her bedroom or bathroom wall for it. Anyway, it felt really good to get away from my normal creative outlets and get crafty. Thanks so much, Jill!


Also, I've come across a few blogs that are great copy-cat resources:

*littlewindowshoppe.com
*todayscreativeblog.blogspot.com

Three cheers for my fellow copy-catters out there! And by the way, I'd love to pass on the love and teach anyone interested how to make cutesy hair bows. :)

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm going to make that for our little granddaughter. Thanks for such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame and the bows all look so professional! You're doing a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I love making bows too. Do you happen to know of a website for instructions on flower bows? The website I use is http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/loopy_bows.html, but it doesn't have flower bows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to make bows!! do you think my boys would wear them?? so cute!! love that quote too :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your frame is so much cuter than mine. maybe I'll redo mine and copy you this time! ha!

    p.s. your bows look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great! And I love the frame too. If only Sarah was little again and I could do her hair every day like I used to... (nostalgic sigh)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! I sent Jill the link to that post so she could see them! Hope you don't mind! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so adorable! I think those bows are so cute that you might see a picture of my little boy with one! Okay, so maybe not...but I can't wait to have a girl one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I am very impressed with your bows! I have another blog for you--for copying crafts. It is a great site with fun crafts to do with kids.
    http://www.makeandtakes.com/

    p.s. we still need to get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quote! That's TOTALLY me! I'm such a copy catter! And I'm SO not crafty! Those bows are so cute, and the little thing to store them on!!!! Can you please share your crafty copy cattness with me someday and come move by me and we can do crafts together everyday while the kids play ?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know of a website for instructions on how to make flower bows, although the flowers ones I've made are really easy. You just use scrapbooking flowers and gems or buttons. I also like the look of covering buttons with material for the center of the flower. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email