*CRYSTAL* Congrats, girl! Email me your address and I'll get them in the mail asap. I hope your nieces love them. I can't believe how much fun this was for me to do. I seriously got so nervous drawing the names. I think I'm taking this all much too seriously!
And for the rest of you that would like to make them, here's how: (It's super easy!)
- felt (my friend Jill uses textured felt, and it looks really great)
- embroidery thread
- clips from a craft store (not the alligator clips, but the snappy ones)
- a coordinating material (optional)
- flower pattern (I just searched google images until I found one I liked, and then traced it from my computer onto some computer paper and cut it out.)
- Fold felt in half and then pin flower pattern to felt and cut out two flowers.
- Trace a circle onto single piece of felt or coordinating fabric and then cut it out. (I used the bottom of a small spool of thread to trace my circle.)
- You'll probably want to half the string on the embroidery thread so it's not quite so thick and then stitch the circle of fabric or coordinating material onto the middle of the felt flower.
- Put button on the middle of circle and attach it to the circle and flower.
- Take the second felt flower (the bottom) and use the holes on the clip to sew it to the felt.
- Next you attach the top flower and bottom flower using a blanket stitch.
- And voila! You're done. :)