Thursday, November 20, 2008

Extra Lovin'

I'm sure I'm in poor form, how I'm carrying Liam in this baby carrier, but he's huge! It's hard to get him all propped up properly, but anyway. This baby carrier has been such a lifesaver the last few days because Magson has wanted nothing to do with sitting on the floor and everything to do with me carrying him. This baby carrier has helped me dodge a few scream sessions, thank goodness. Plus it forces him to snuggle up to me--he's normally much too wiggly for kissy/huggy business. With the carrier, he's strapped to me just right for some extra lovin'.

I was really wanting one of these when he was a newborn, but I just didn't want to fork over the cash to buy one that I liked. I pounced on the opportunity to learn how to make them from my friend Janna. (Thanks, Janna!) I'd love to share instructions, but I'm clueless as to how to scan an oversized pattern into my computer. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd love to share this easy pattern with you.

10 comments:

  1. I would love for you or Janna to show me how to do it, but I've got a couple of other projects need completing first. I can't believe that my crafting even has to be prioritized!

    Love the picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get the pattern--I forgot the other day when I was at your house. Also, I need to get that Thai Recipe from you.

    Thanks for helping me with bows! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet picture of you and your baby! I love his expression!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take the pattern to Kinkos, they have giant copy machines that can shrink it down so you can scan it.
    It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never figure mine out with Spencer because he was "big boned" as well.=) But really, they are great and I made mine so I was so proud. I love your pictures! They look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, I'll take my pattern to Kinkos the next chance I get and get instructions posted. :)

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool carrier, I actually just bought one similiar to that, and am super excited to use for the new baby.
    By the way, I LOVE the pictures you are taking. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to know how to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie- Can you move to Texas? It would be a great Christmas present to live closer to you!!! And I bet if you just took some really good pictures of the carrier (and some measurements), some of us who sew anyway could figure out the gist of the pattern. Yours is super cute btw.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email