Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh Me, Oh My!









The nervousness I felt this morning before my shoot of my gorgeous (look at her hair!) friend Melissa and her adorable kiddies was similar to the heart-racing adrenaline rush that I used to get before gymnastics meets as a kid--love and hate that feeling because it means I'm either going to be on a photo high because it went well or depressed for a week because it didn't.

But wala! I think it went great, and every time I see some of these pictures my heart starts racing again. You guys, I can't even tell how much fun this is for me. It's so stinkin' fun that I'm tempted to neglect more important things in my life--which would be bad. So. That said, I'm off to snuggle up with my hubby and get far away from the pull of this computer. I have a headache and my eyes are straining to see the screen. But still. Oh me, oh my, I can't wait to get out and take more pictures!

10 comments:

  1. It IS addictive, isn't it?! I LOVE the pictures where the mother and daughter are in that purply-pink against the green wall! I think pink and green are complimentary colors? In any case, it just looks really beautiful. I also LOVE the shots of all three of them together--those can be tough to capture and you did SO great! It's really awesome to see your work! I have to tell you MY heart speeds up a bit when I see "MAG GAB" on my Google Reader list!!! I always know it's going to be something great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are improving a lot!! i love the high perspective shot with the little girl and her cowboy boots! and the last one is adorable!! agreed on the group shots!! those AREN"T easy!! awesome job!! i need to go to bed too, i have been editing for three hours and my eyes are going cross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look awesome! we know who we're calling for you christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out SO great! Especially of the kids! How can I get the rest of them? I love, love, love that one of the two kids together! Thank you SO much! We'll definately have to do it again in a few months with our new addition. And my husband... :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #4 (lots of personality) and #6 (love the boots). The last one is priceless, what a great expression.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find myself looking at your blog weekly to see the pics you've taken. They're all so beautiful.... a bit jealous that we live in Michigan now and in 8 months we're moving to Naples Florida. Hmmmmm from Washington to Florida, how am I ever going to get you to take family pictures:( Still.... I think you're pics should be in magazines. Have you submitted any for contests??
    -wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable, Marie! Don't you wanna come visit and take pictures of Sofie for me!? You have an amazing eye and I just love seeing the world through your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you!! You are expanding your talents and learning new things. I love the scarf. I wish I could take on photography, but I know how much time and effort it is. For now, I'll stick to my own cute subjects...my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get that too! It is so funny, it is something I have done hundreds of times and I still get butterflies.

    Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email