Wednesday, November 5, 2008

{What to Wear}

Wardrobe is key in creating pictures with a wow factor. Below are some ideas and suggestions of apparel I love, but I welcome and encourage you to personalize my ideas in a way that is true to you. I love photos that are fresh with personality and style. If you're unsure or have questions about what you're considering to wear, feel free to contact me. I love being in on a good outfit!

{On newborns, I love:}

Nakedness!
Blankets with texture
Hats
Booties
Meaningful props and trinkets

{On little girls, I love:}

Tights (except for white)
Boots
Leg Warmers
Umbrellas
Scarves
Mittens
Hats
Dresses
Rich, bright colors
Ruffles
Headbands

{On little boys, I love}

Hats, especially newsboy caps
Boots
Collared shirts
Scarves
Ties

{For Senior Portraits, I love}

Layers
Hats
Scarves
Color!
Belts
Boots
Accessories: necklaces, bracelets, headbands...

{Coordinating Clothing for a Family:}

Don’t dress identically
Wear similar tones and hues, but mix things up!
Dark jeans and textures (corduroy, knits, ruffles, buttons etc.) photograph great

{In General}

Layers (jackets, scarves etc.) are always good. They add depth and character to a photo.
Avoid clothing with characters and text on them.
Long sleeves tend to photograph well, but they aren't a must.
Avoid small floral patterns. I love them in life, but they don't photograph that well.
Wear colors that compliment your skin tone and that you look and feel good in.
Also try to wear colors that compliment the hues in your home, so when you hang up that family portrait it can accentuate your home decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email