Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lace Curtains

Oh gently, gently
Quietly lands the snow
Transforming every home
Into an ivory chateau

Too briefly, briefly
Are snowflake stars alive--
Would they hold our interest
If year-round they survived?

How stirring, stirring
That snow would not be white
Without the stayed reflection
Of heaven’s guiding light

So quickly, quickly
We oft soot winter’s art--
To step in mud is human;
From right we will depart

Hence treasured, treasured,
The bible verse well-known:
"Though your sins be as scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow."

Thus thankful, thankful
I laud this diamond dust:
Lace curtains against my window
God’s lessons, mysterious

8 comments:

  1. Is that YOUR poetry? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written - you have a gift & thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, I wrote it. It took me many, many hours, and I'm still not sure if it makes sense to anyone but me, but that's ok. It's funny, I hate to be in snow, but I love to look at it and think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful, thanks for sharing such a beautiful thought and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It totally makes sense! I loved it. Great job and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very beautiful Marie!

    How did you set up your blog so you categories on the top? I really like that! It's more "websiteish"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie....that gives me chills, it's so good. Absolutely beautiful--I feel like that's all I ever say in my comments, but....oh, it IS so beautiful. You have the most beautiful spirit and it's perfectly displayed here!!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email