Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This Christmas

Unfortunatley, this won't be in any order and will likely come in increments--we've caught stubborn colds that I fully blame the airplane for. Having sick kids really slows me down, but here's a sweet sliver of snapshots and blurbs from our, airplanes aside, relaxing trip!

Okay, so this is a crazy picture. But these two are just that together--crazy, crazy! I love getting them in front of the camera because you seriously never know what you're going to get. The sister in front in this picture made Christmas morning a regular comedy show. For starters, she squeezed herself into her old childhood Christmas nightgown. She also let us pawn our presents off on her for wrapping and got carried away with the gift labels. Laughter was the prelude to much of the gift-opening because here's a taste of how some of the gift-labels read, courtesy of Emma:

To: Itsy Bitsy Bryant
From: Big Macho Christian

Blurry, but below was "itsy bitsy Bryant's" reaction:


To: Rose Pedal Marie
From: Queen Elisabeth

To: The Woman that Raised Me
From: Baby Marie

My cute parents laughing at the funny gift labels.

To: Baby Bryant
From: Perfect Lissie and Flawless Emma

To: My hulk
From: Your little lass

To: My ruggedly handsome husband
From: The little wife

Here's Magson on Christmas morning. Happy First Christmas, Sweet Boy. Both Maggie and Magson have spent their first Christmases in Germany--pretty special!

Magson just rolled around the floor all morning going from toy to toy and wrapper to wrapper, generously distributing his baby slobber among his goods!

My baby brother is the most lovable thing ever. He's always good for a hug!

Here's Maggie giving Grandpa a big thank-you hug.

I really loved singing with my brothers and sisters on Christmas Eve. We sang some beautiful songs together. I can't believe how talented they all are. The whole trip I kept wishing I were the youngest instead of the oldest--after my parents had me, the kids just got cuter and smarter and better all around!

My lucky kiddos were always held and showered with attention:

Even the cat got lots of attention!

On Christmas Eve my mom has us all share something. We tend to lean toward sharing a Christmas musical number of some sort, but poems and stories are shared, too--even artwork sometimes. I've anticipated this, and for months have been teaching Isabella to sing "Oh Christmas Tree" in German for my family. She really loved being in the spotlight and gave us a good laugh when she sang for us and insisted on accompanying herself on the piano.

Here's Liz singing for us. She has a gorgeous voice!

Here's Christian playing the piano for us--this guy is amazing. He also plays the guitar and sings. He's written lots of his own music, and plays the guitar in a band. I loved finally getting to listen to all of his stuff after hearing about it for so long!

My mom reading to us. Maggie was completely mesmerized.

I have to say, my parents make wonderful grandparents! It was fun to see them with my kids who just adored them.

This is a picture of Maggie and her Uncle B. I can't tell you how many times I'd go to check on her and she'd be with him. When she wasn't with him, she was calling for him: "Uncle B-eeeeeeeeeeeee! Uncle B-eeeeeeeeeeeee! Uncle B-eeeeeeeeeeeee!"

This isn't really Christmas related, but I thought I'd squeeze it in here. One morning Maggie came out of our room looking like a smurf. It was so startling and concerning, but after a little investigation we discovered she'd gotten into some blue ink in the middle of the night and had a private paint party! She looked a faded blue for a day or two.

Maggie loved her Christmas gifts, although I made her some tutus that she wasn't a huge fan of. I should have known not to make them for her, since she rarely plays with the store-bought tutu we already have for her. Magnet showed how much fun they could be by putting it on his head. It made for some good laughs, and since we've been home she's seemed to have a change of heart. She'll wear her tutus on her head now!

Hope you guys had a great Christmas. I could go on forever, but I think I'll stop here for now.

10 comments:

  1. oooh, I love the pictures! I love your family! They've all grown up so much, it's crazy to me! Christian looks so much like Matthew, and Bryant looks a lot like your Dad, and Lauren and Emma look like twins and look a lot like Maggie too. And Lissie looks like a model! But I remember her being so prissy, so that makes sense :)
    I love the pictures of your parents with your kids, how sweet. I'm sure they are awesome grandparents.
    Their house looks amazing! I love the staircase.
    I know what you mean how the siblings get better on down the line. My family is the same way. All my little brothers and sisters are smarter and more creative as they go.
    I'm sad your family won't be migrating anytime soon, but I am sure they're enjoying their new house. Listen to me, I sound like I KNOW your family SO well, but I really haven't spent that much time with them. I guess I just know them through you.
    I'm glad you had a great time. It never ceases to amaze me how you guys travel across the world with 2 little ones. You must have more patience than I!

    Love you! Glad you're back...even though you're still so so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful glimps into i think the most beautiful family i have EVER seen. seriously it looked like images out of a magizine!! i think you should think more about doing some inside shoots, you have such a great eye for capturing the intimate moments in the home, and that is VERY hard to do!! great job!! can't wait to hear more :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys had lots of fun. Esp. maggie in her ink! =) haha! we'll have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marie! Those are fun pictures, looks like you guys had so much fun! How do you entertain the two little ones during that LONG flight??!! I had a hard time on a two hour flight.
    By the way, thanks for the Christmas card, I love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was truly a joy to read! I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your so fun Christmas. Your family is so darling. All of them. It's been kinda fun to be out of town and come back to lots of reading on blogs. Your pictures are soo good. Good job improving one of your millions of talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing for you to be there with your family. Can't imagine how hard it is to have them so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i think you misunderstood - 3 days and counting...we're still not unpacked! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had tons of fun over the break. I love your pictures and your family is beautiful! How long have you been really into photography? You definately know how to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely family Christmas with us - I canNOT believe that your little bros and sis' are so grown up! Yet your parents look the same - cute! It actually made me a little like "homesick-ish" to see their pics - I love them - they were a great influence on me when we lived there. What a beautiful fam and I'm so glad that you were able to go spend that time with them!( a teensy bit jealous too! - did you go to a Christmas Market for me too?!?!)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email