In the meantime, I did draw names for the dozen-rose bouquet giveaway, and it all proved to be a little tricky! The winner was Heather, but I haven't been able to get in touch with her all weekend, plus she wasn't at church today, so I'm wondering if she's out of town. Since I've had the flowers for a few days now and wanted to give them away as fresh as possible, I decided to instead give them to my friend Pam who's husband is working abroad in Japan (sorry, Heather!). I thought I'd surprise Pam and dropped by her house after church only to find her not home, either! I decided to just leave the bouquet on her doorstep. Hopefully she'll arrive to them safe and sound when she gets home tonight. Congrats, Pam!
As for my Valentines Day, here's what made it special:
- Magnet's mom stopped by for a few hours in the afternoon and showered us with love.
- I bought a big picture frame from Ikea a couple of months ago, but it got knocked over and the glass shattered. As a V-day gift, Magnet replaced the glass. I love thoughtful surprises like that!
- He also had this arrangement specially designed for me. I've never loved a bouquet of flowers more!
- Magnet's been hinting lately that he'd love for me to learn how to bake pies, so I made my first apple pie for him as his V-day gift. Amazingly, it turned out really yummy!
- I also made a favorite Thai food dish of ours that brings back lots of happy memories from when we were engaged and I waitressed at a Thai restaurant. We ate Thai food daily back then! But, unfortuantely, last night's rendition was a little bland.
Being in the floral industry, Valentines Day conjures a range of emotions, but mostly, I just spend the week feeling lucky--lucky that we're a part of Flowers to Go and very lucky to be married to Magnet.
Hope you all felt lucky and loved this year, too!