Monday, March 16, 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine


This is Magson right after waking up. Between his big eyes and his "leedle leedle" bubbly growls, he's pretty much irresistible.

Maggie, in the morning, is quite the conversationalist and likes to parrot how I interact with her. Take the other day, for example. Still in my pajamas, I got myself situated on the floor with them and a magazine, in the mood for a late start. Magson’s in my lap, sliming me with snot and drool and tears, when Maggie comes up.

“Mommy. Don’t move. Don’t stand up. Don’t go anywhere. I’m going to get a comb for your hair. Do you understand?”

“Yes," I smile, as I stick my head back in Real Simple, having a hard time concentrating on the article I'm reading--do I really talk to her like that, I wonder?

She comes back with a used toothbrush and starts making me pretty. Startled, I dash my eyes from the page and look at the toothbrush that’s now out of my hair and headed for my mouth.

“Open wide!” she enthusiastically chides as she hovers me into claustrophobia. I dodge the toothbrush only to have a toy cell phone smashed to my ear.

“Say hello!” she says six times.

About then, I decide to stand up and re-enter the land of grown-ups with an entirely new perspective of what it’s like to be a kid—my kid.

It was an enlightening start to a brand new day.

7 comments:

  1. They can be like little mirrors staring you in the face...scary, but seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to stop brushing their hair with toothbrushes, I guess...

    The scariest thing to me is when my girls play with their dollhouse family and I hear the mom chastising the kids. It's dead-on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny:) Thanks for the smile this morning. Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so funny, I laughed out loud. I like you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that is HILARIOUS!!! :) I do hear versions of myself from Reed talking to Jax. It's always a bit disconcerting. :) Love the photo; wake-up faces are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute!! she sounds like quite the kid :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny. And what a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email