Thursday, June 11, 2009

Everyday Miracles








I'm trying to get all my ducks lined up in a row before I edit and post more pictures of my kids. Until then, I'm excited to get up this peek from my most recent photoshoot. I loved the color scheme they chose--it looked great against their olive skin and deep dark eyes. I especially bonded with the little girl who is my Maggie's age. By the end of the session I got a hug and a kiss! Lucky me. Isn't she darling? Their little boy is equally as darling, but no kisses or hugs from him. :(

It's actually a miracle I have these pictures to share because when I got home after their photoshoot, I reached into my pocket for my 8GB memory card which held hundreds of their pictures. My heart continually flip flopped as I pulled and prodded the life out of my pocket because...

It. wasn't. there. eek. EEK.

I knew this meant it had fallen out of my pocket in the enormous field we used for our location. (Thanks for the lead, Shannon!) This place has weeds up to my shoulders and we covered a lot of territory, so I knew it was going to take a miracle to find it. The problem was I had very little faith that I would find it. It just seemed impossible.

So I prayed hard as I drove back to mission impossible, trying to muster up some faith, since I know it's a key ingredient in miracle making.

We parked and I slowly unbuckled Maggie, dreading the job ahead. As I lowered her feet to the ground, there it was, a little dusty, but there! I couldn't believe it. We immediately prayed our sincere thanks to a God I know hears our prayers. Sigh. So, enjoy the pictures that almost never made it home.

13 comments:

  1. It's nice that Maggie got to experience that answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? That is amazing...that thing could have literally been anywhere!! Clearly God sees and feels your deep faith. What an experience. Glad you retrieved the pix because they are GREAT! Love that Barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is my BIGGEST fear!!!! i check and check and recheck each time i have to change a card, that is the one thing i hate about shooting raw is i do usually have to change my card out during my sessions!! that IS a miracle, i think i would have started crying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful pictures and I love the colors too. Brad told me about your miracle a few days ago. Magnum (is that the right name?) told it to him and he had to share. That is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And, phew, glad you found that card & without having to spend hours searching! I can imagine the panic you felt when it wasn't in your pocket! P.S. Cute photo of your little cutie in the post below, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny. You were reading my blog while I was reading yours. I would love to come to book club..if I can remember to. I'm having a lot of senior moments for being a thirty-something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw these guys last night and they were telling me about the pictures you took! Little girl was telling me that she met Marie Gross--it was just so cute how she said it... They look really great, but your stuff always looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great pictures and i'm very glad you found your memory card! What an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just remembered that his "name" is Magnet - as in babe magnet, right? I must be getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the second picture! And that's a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet story! It's lovely to see such a beautiful answered prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how I missed these photos and didn't comment, but they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email