Monday, June 29, 2009

Golden

I think it's golden when I get a decent photo of my kids together. This one happens to perfectly capture how they adore each other. Magson is so content to have Maggie love on him, and in his one-year-old way loves on her right back--like today, for example. After lunch and just before nap time, as always, I told Magson to say goodnight to Maggie. Lots of times I'll help him blow her kisses, but for some reason I didn't this afternoon. And then Magson gave us the shock of our lives when, unprompted, he blew her his first ever kiss, lips smacking and all. It made Maggie's day and, of course, turned my mother heart to mush.

And here's a glimpse at how Maggie loves on Magson: the kids play out back a lot on these sunshiny days. I let them wonder to the far end of our little property where there's a shallow green belt and where Maggie imagines she's in a tree house in the middle of the forest. I keep a close eye on them from the window. Anyway, the other day, Maggie rushed inside and called to me, "Mommy! Can you keep an eye on Magson for me? I need to go potty." She's only three and already looking out for her baby brother. What a good mommy she'll be one day.

12 comments:

  1. Adorable, Marie! Ah, the elusive "together" shot....I'm still working on that one with my twins! :- )

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable, i love the light on the second one!! beautiful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures, and these stories! Your kids are soo uh-dorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such cute kids. And that is so cute about Magson blowing Maggie a kiss. Those moments make motherhood wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous marie! and how i wish that lo and brads took care of their little brother that way... one day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to move there!! It looks like just out of The Secret Garden (in my imagination) Show more pictures of your yard sometime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sorry, Heather, that's not my yard...it's the entrance to a wooded area in our neighborhood, though. But yes, WA is very beautiful. I love it here!

    As always, thanks for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So So cute! Magson looks thinner to me...just a little. Maybe because his shirt is off. Anyway, that made me smile reading about Maggie asking you to keep an eye on Magson while she went potty!! How funny! Aren't you so glad we both had girls first, they will make great babysitters someday...even though we utilize them sometimes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my freakin' goodness--he cannot be that big already! On my computer he's still just a week old;). Adorable kiddos you make, my dear:).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, as usual. It is so heartwarming when ones children are kind to one another.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email