Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christian, Elisabeth and Bryant

I'm the oldest of seven kids and these three are "the babies." I post pictures of them on a fairly regular basis, so I thought some of you might be interested in getting to know them a little bit. So, let the random facts begin:

As a threesome, they have a band called "Celebration."


Christian, the oldest of the three, is passionate about music, the guitar especially. From what I observed this summer, he spends every spare minute practicing or studying other musical artists. I also noticed that he's very quick to take advantage of opportunities to serve even when it's not expected or required of him. I've never met a young man (and I've always felt this way) with so many selfless attributes. I completely trust and admire him and know he has a very bright future. On the outside, he's handsome with the perfect amount of curl in his dark hair. He's got big brown teddy-bear eyes, broad shoulders for his frame, strong legs and an oval-shaped head very similar to mine. I often look at Christian and think, "We look alike!" He's soft-spoken with a distinct and memorable laugh that makes me smile each time I hear it. Because he isn't too outspoken, he has a mysterious side to him that often makes me wonder what he is thinking.

Next up, Lissie. She hops when she's excited. She has extremely small fairy feet. Her hair is long and thick, yet fine--very feminine. Personality wise, she is very giving, always willing to give me a back massage upon request (I miss those!). She dreams of becoming a professional ballroom dancer. The way she feels about dance reminds me of the way I used to obsess about gymnastics at her age. She's a math whiz and Harry Potter fanatic. I think she is perfect and always wanted to grow up and have a daughter just like her. It's crazy how much Maggie reminds me of her--my wish was granted!


Bryant is completely lovable and playful. He has a blue eye and a hazel eye. He has dark brown hair and a very masculine and attractive square jaw. He loves to read, play soccer, and casually kick around his ball. He is so good with my kids. While he was here, we'd all go on morning walks together. He would push Maggie and Magson in the stroller with spins and speed that would challenge any kid ride at an amusement park. When he's concentrating, he flexes his mouth into an over-extended smile and then relaxes. He's a complete natural in front of the camera. He's got a lot of style and makes friends easily. He's fourteen years my younger, but I look up to him and admire him a lot. :)


I know that was choppy and disjointed.; it's late and I'm tired, tired, tired, but wanted to share some random tidbits about three of my favorite people in the world...totally missin' you guys today!




16 comments:

  1. Christian DOES look like you! That's so cool...great looking crew Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, had a typo in my original comment. Let's try this again:

    It wasn't choppy--it was a well-written tribute to your younger sibs! You're so blessed to have a big family full of so much love! A beautiful family, might I add

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, loving big sister you are. I hope someday that my eldest will say such kind things about her sisters. There's a strong resemblance among all of you, I think, but why do I see Janna Bates when I look at Lissie? Funny that I didn't notice Bryant's different eye colors when he visited my SS class...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I was very happy to have met the rest of your family at Lauren's wedding. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY love that single shot of Lissie. Wow, she is just SO gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MARIE! Genius. Just genius. LOVE the ones against the blue wall--but all of them are really beautiful, emotion-wise and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hear how much you love them in what you wrote. What a great post. I loved all of the pictures. It was neat to see how much you and Christian do look alike - and I loved the close up of Bryant's eyes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your parents make good looking kids. I knew that from being friends with you but these guys are all darling too. And you're right, your brother does look like you. I never noticed that, I always thought you were the only one that really looked like you're mom but he does too. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I love those pictures. Your siblings are so beautiful and handsome! Bryant looks so much like your dad I think. It must be the jaw. And Christian looks exactly like Matthew, at least when I knew him, 9 years ago! I love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your family life with us. I love hearing about these kinds of things!

    And of course, stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are FABULOUS - both the pics and the subjects! I canNOT believe how grown up they are!! I found some pics from Heidelberg that I will have to post - they are great memories! I'll bet your parents LOVE your photog skillz!!! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that sound lovely. What great photos. I love the colors and the depth of personality the photos express.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We miss your siblings. -they are so dang cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the same thing when I saw Christian. He looks like the Matt I remember. I saw Matthew probably 9 years ago too! I can't believe it's been that long. How is he? I remember these three as babies! I always thought it was so awesome that Christian had a hazel eye and a blue eye. They are all such good looking kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my heavens, you have to have the most beautiful family on earth!! Great pics Marie!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email