Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gorgeous Cowgirl


Marie Darling,

I'M GONNA MISS YOU! I love, love, love you!

Total true love,

~Lissie~

That's what's scribbled on the whiteboard when I look up from my computer. My 14-year-old baby sister wrote it the night before she flew back home to Germany. We stayed up into the wee hours that night! I miss her.

We went on so many photoshoots and I LOVE them all. Below is our first session together. Lissie has a thing for horseback riding (and a thing for cowboys), so when she spotted that teal cowgirl hat while we were shopping, she had to buy it. Sooo, this set features the cowgirl in her, and the singer in her (she has a beautiful Taylor Swift-sounding voice), all while strummin' her guitar. Oh, and she loves to dance, so I had to sneak one dancing photo in there, too.

Total true love, right back at ya, Lissie! ♥♥♥












PS. In other news (for those of you who aren't friends with me on Facebook), I'm pregnant and due in March!! We're beyond excited and can't wait to find out the gender this month. Also, I'm booked through November. XOXO to everyone who supports and encourages me.

21 comments:

  1. Aw, marie! They're perfect! I love them so so so much! You're my favorite oldest sister EVER!!
    Total, true, love :P
    Lissie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, dress, photos: Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters are the greatest, aren't they?! These are beautiful as is your sister (you & all your sisters are so pretty)! I've been dying to do a shoot with my little sis but our last planned attempt was rained out! :- ( Congratulations on expecting a new little one! That means cute baby photos next spring! :- )

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats marie! i want to be your friend on facebook :)

    lissie is soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be hard to go wrong with such a beautiful girl as your sister is! These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sure I wasn't that cute as a 14-year old! I was MUCH more awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably my favorite shoot since I've been watching your blog. She's gorgeous, but your portraits are inspired.

    Congrats on your little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, I LOVE your photos of your sisters--your love really comes through the photos. They are amazing. I am SO excited to hear that you are pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful sister! and what sweet things to say about her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. some of your best work Marie! and congrats on the baby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so so nice. Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting! They say, and I agree, that if you can do 3 kids, you can do however many you want after that. Three's the breaker! Good luck. Hope you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. uh oh...I guess I should have known that what with how AMAZING you are at photography that you would be booked til November...I guess no newborn pics for me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. love them...just beautiful. the one where she is sitting in the road and the last one are my favorites she is a very pretty girl and so cool at 14!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so, basically, your whole family is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun for you! And for your kids! Congrats. I hope you are feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and the pics are great! Sisters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! When I moved away from my talented CA photography friend I feared I would never find another. Voila, here you are! Fantasic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Good genes must run in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is SO cute!! Can't believe she's 14! Time flies! Those pictures look awesome. I'm glad you got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congradulations Marie and Will on your third!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email