Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sweet on my Mind

Maggie's got a thing (as I'm sure many four-year-olds do) for listing off her favorites...her favorite friends, colors, foods.

In Maui it went something like this:

"Do you know what my favorite words are?

My favorite words are 'I love you.'"

I don't know what that has to do with this little "we're home from Maui" post, but that little phrase and these photos have been sweet on my mind today.

I don't think there's a prettier sight than my girl bubbling over with smiles on the beach.

I realize these are only of Maggie, but more to come, I promise. I couldn't believe how quickly her fair skin tanned up. I'm proud to say that with the help of some serious sunscreen, Maui's sun didn't burn us. :)

Oh wait, not just Maggie. I'll sneak this boy in. I think he expresses the Aloha spirit of the Hawaiian people so well. It was a split-second decision to point my camera his way and he reacted perfectly with the most pleasant, welcoming, and genuine expression ever.

And again, this is Maggie playing tag with the waves. She got the biggest kick out of how they'd tease her.

17 comments:

  1. Love these! Maggie is just darling and the pictures are gorgeous! Welcome back (again). Sorry you came back to a crazy wind storm and freezing house - must have been a lovely welcome back to WA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, wish i could go there! Looks beautiful! And what a cute little beach girlie! Love that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious. Sometimes kids say things that stick with us longer than anything an adult can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaii has never been high on my list of places to visit, but seeing your pictures makes me want to take my kids there. Lovely. And Maggie's favorite words are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pictures! It looks so nice over there....I've always wanted to go. Next time I think I am going to stow away in your luggage and take a free ride to the tropics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--these are SO beautiful. Makes me REALLY excited to go to L.A. for Thanksgiving!! (To see Abby and get our family photos done by Eric at the beach)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie is such a angel. Looks like you had a great time. I love your pictures. They always keep getting better every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to see a few pics from your trip. Too bad it is rainy back home! I hope you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! More eye candy! These are wonderful. You make me want to try harder as a mom to record and remember the sweet little things my kids say too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaah these make me feel COLD :)!!!! so adorable and so beautiful!! glad you are home safe and can't wait to see more :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, Marie! You were missed! Hawaii looks like Heaven right now. I love the last picture of Maggie. The beautiful blue ocean, warm sunshine, sparkly delighted smile, and a cheery red swimsuit make it look so idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last one is my absolute fave! I'm super-jealous of your trip to Hawaii! I am sure you had a blast, and what a great place to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love those pictures! I can't believe how tan she got either. She's such a sweetie, her favorite words, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous of you going to Maui and her tan. Your pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sweet words, and love the pics - especially that last one - soooo cute! Can't wait to see more about your fab trip!! (lucky!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maggie is so cute. I am so happy you guys had so much fun. The light in your photos... amazing.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email