Tuesday, December 1, 2009

When Work Is Play

This photogenic family has some serious style and really knew how to coordinate colors without being too matchy-matchy. And they introduced me to this fabulous, fabulous location that was oozing with variety and inspiration. ♥♥♥

PS. Whoever taught me how to make the heart emoticon (I can't remember who) should be in serious trouble because all I want to do is post ♥s all day.










Speaking of inspiration, I've been reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Sprinkled throughout the book are quotes of sweet inspiration. Here are some of my faves:

"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain in anything."
Eugene Delcroix

"Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish."
Ovid

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
Joseph Chilton Pearce

"You are lost the instant you know what the result will be."
Juan Gris

"A painting is never finished--it simply stops in interesting places."
Paul Gardner

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh Julia Cameron is brilliant. I love her principles of creativity. Kudos on picking her up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos (as usual). The silhouette (sp?) is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I taught the ♥ thing to you darling. I'm glad I could teach you something you would love. :]
    These pictures are really cute and pretty, as ALWAYS!! I ♥ You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't they the best :)!!! LOVE the first one :)!! is this southworth? so many great spots to shoot there :)!! you all look gorgeous :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good-looking family! The 3rd & last are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that last one! It is totally reflective of her cute personality. I also love the beach shots. Were their toes frozen?

    Oh, and I want to learn the heart thing! Teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Shannon, these are at Southworth. I think it's my new favorite spot! And Court, to do the heart thing you just hit alt and then the #3 on the keypad. I hope that makes sense--not the numbers above the letters, but the ones off to the right. (At least that is how it is on my keyboard.)

    Thanks for the comments, guys. :) They always make my day.

    ♥,♥,♥ you, Lissie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your talent - love the pics! thanks (Lissie) for sharing that cute heart thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pictures. I love the silhouette one.

    --I hope you had fun with your sister over Thanksgiving. What a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the pictures, what a beautiful family! (: I really like that old truck you used too, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are awesome! The quotes and the photos! So are you going to share just how you do that heart emoticon?? I have been curious actually :)
    ♥ Cool, it worked. I just saw your comment on how to do it, so nevermind. I ♥ U !

    ReplyDelete
  12. The images you capture are always breathtaking! I love visiting your blog and being inspired! And I love the quotes you shared at the end!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email