Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Overwhelmed


I've been feeling overwhelmed with...

LOVE for these three fabulous kids. Magnolia's arrival has forced me to really slow down. I've gone from crazy busy lady to "just" being a mom, and while in some respects my productivity levels have dropped off the map, it's been a welcome "break" to just love on these guys and keep us all alive! And truthfully, the spit up, the two kids in diapers, the heightened need for my magic kisses on the boo-boo's that happen every thirty seconds around here, and nursing around the clock don't make me feel any less like a crazy busy lady. In fact, come early afternoon I conk into a heavy and deep sleep with Magnolia on my chest because I'm straight exhausted. Those naps are blissful until I wake up and realize how dangerous it is to sleep when my curious and smart two-year-old is very much awake. (I may or may not have recently woken up to find him in the front yard.)

ANXIOUSNESS to finish all the home improvement projects we've started around here. We want to finish painting over all the flat paint in our home, finish painting the chairs that go with our new-to-us dining table, finish painting all the trim in our house...etc., etc., etc. It's killing me that we've started all of these things (and more) but haven't crossed the finish line with any of them--well, except the girls' bedroom makeover.

GRATITUDE for the flowers, babysitting, meals, phone calls, visits, emails, gifts, and comments so many of you have sent our way since Baby Magnolia joined us. I've been so inspired by your thoughtfulness. You make me want to be better. Thank you!!

20 comments:

  1. They are so precious, Marie! Good for you for enjoying them and taking it all in--these days are fleeting when our little ones are little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your reminders of what's really important. Just loving the babies that are ours. It's silly to me that sometimes I feel like I don't have time to cuddle them...I mean, Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTEST PICTURE EVER! They are so perfect! I miss you guys so much. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you say FANTASTIC photo? seriously, and i realize i say seriously way too much, but seriously this is a fantastic photo of your three, which i can't even do with my two, so i am beyond impressed and so happy that you will have this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo is amazing. Am I right that Magnolia is wearing a hand-me-down from Maggie? My youngest had a whole bunch of clothes from that line (including the gown, hat, socks, and blanket she wore home from the hospital) and seeing that little dress makes me so nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pic! You're so cute Marie. I am secretly watching your every move to see how you handle three. Please keep sounding like it's manageable because it's very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful picture!! Every time I see you, you seem so happy and at peace.

    Also, I thought I noticed a plethora of toddler-proofing items at your house that I was sure hadn't been there before. I hope they help you to get more restful naps. ;) You know how much I believe in both toddler-proofing and naptime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUCH a gorgeous picture! Such a gorgeous little family. I'm so happy for you, and I can remember vividly the kind of things your describing--being split three ways between the children. It's exhausting and wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful photo! they are so precious. i totally hear you... we discovered sam in the street a couple weeks ago where a super nice woman had stopped her car without hitting him and gotten out to pick him up! chad ran out there and she was apologizing to him for scaring sam! talk about shame. love, love the toddlers.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your kids are gorgeous! That silly boy. He and Ty would definitely cause trouble together if not watched closely! =) I'm glad you're taking a "break" but understand it is still crazy busy even if you don't get things done. I'm impressed youguys are painting your house. We need to, I just hate to even try with, you know, a smart, and CURIOUS two-year-old! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie...I absolutely love this picture of your little ones. You are amazing and such a great example of love! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable picture - so priceless.
    don't worry about those little things - just enjoy kissing the boo boos and nursing and sleeping when you can. it goes by too fast.
    and by the way, you ARE better - because you're YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to join you in the Mom To Three Club!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the picture you took the your three kids! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only imagine the amount of overwheling everything you must be feeling.... good and bad. I for one, know that you are doing everythign beautifully. How could you no? You are Marie. Lots of hugs and happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, the picture is SO cute. I am so impressed that you got them all looking good. It is nearly impossible to get just one of my kids to look at me and smile for a picture.
    Second--I am sad we never got to do anything before we are leaving (we move THURSDAY!!!). But good luck with those cute little kids--and I am glad I get to see your pics on your blog and stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that is my new favorite picture of yours. So beautiful, so innocent, it's perfect!

    And I am totally serious with my offer to come over to help paint. Or I can babysit...whatever you need. Just call me. I went through the gung-ho phase, then the overwhelmed stage, and now things are getting on track. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't know me, I am Courtney's mother and have been drawn to your blog. Your children are beautiful, and you are doing the most perfect thing in letting the undone stay undone while you mother! Everything else will still be the same but those precious babies will never have this day with you back again. Love, kiss and hug (and of course, nap) to your hearts content, the children will only be better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so cute how they're all holding hands! How's it all going?? I'm going to call you next week! Do you have family in town still?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quick question....what floor is it they are laying on? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email