Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Snaps: Pixie Dust

I suppose I can't promise a Sunday Snaps post every week, but I will sure try to do this often. I was all ready to post last week--had pictures picked out and everything--and then my computer was acting slow and my eyes were feeling heavy and I threw in the towel because putting together a blog post is slow enough without a slow computer.

But I'm back! Maggie loves, loves her baby "sissy." In general, I hate that pet name, but coming from Maggie's sweet and adoring voice, my ears are warming up to it. Maggie is at her baby's side constantly throughout the day, usually helping Magnolia clap her hands together while singing over and over again:

"You are the CUTest little piece of pixie dust in the WHOOoooole world."

And those words are pretty much stuck in my head all day long, and now I sing it, too. It's catchy.


Here's Grandma Rise loving on Magnolia. Her coos are the cutest thing ever. It seriously sounds like a baby kitty purring. I love gobbling my baby girl right underneath her chin. She makes the cutest soprano sounds when I do that.

Here's our "cutest little piece of pixie dust" with Rise's sister, Aunt Muriel. We love her and I think Magnolia looks so dainty in this photo.

Poulsbo has an awesome fireworks show every year on the 3rd, and Magnet's parents have an incredible view. My kids loved bouncing around on the hammock while waiting for it to get dark. They stayed up way too late, but it was worth it because they loved the fireworks.

Oh, and I've been busy this week making cute little flower headbands for the girls. It's so easy, you just take a lighter to circles of silky fabric and the edges curl up. Then you just hot glue the circles one on top of another and voila! You should try it, but I must warn you that it's quite addicting!


Finally, my little Magson is sure growing up! In the last few weeks he's made the transition to a big boy bed, and we're talking BIG BOY BED. It's a queen, and it sits way up high off the ground. He loves it, though, and his brown body asleep in a sea of white is a lovely sight, indeed.

7 comments:

  1. Cute, as always! Baby girl is growing SO FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was funny, because as I was looking at your pics, I thought to myself, "I bet Marie made those bows." Then I kept reading, and sure enough you did. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnolia is adorable :) as are all of your kids! miss you guys :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. Love the hammock shots!

    I totally agree with you about "sissy." I never liked it until I heard my eldest daughter say it about her baby sister. Now, of course, it's a permanent fixture in our family vocabulary--though we're leaning more towards "sis" these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need Maggie to sing me that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy, happy fourth of July! I love hearing about your life! Is sounds divine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hi! Misty's sister, Amber, here! I am so glad you did a quick little jot about how to make those incredibly adorable flower headbands. I loved that green one Magnolia was wearing at Ty's party. I meant to ask you that night, but as the evening went on I forgot. :) They are SO adorable. I am going to make some for my girls, and then myself and add a clip. :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email