Friday, October 22, 2010

October Cake

Have I mentioned that October has been a crazy, wonderful month? We went to Newport Beach for a week, my sister Emma came and visited for a week, and Will's sister got married. And we've still yet to put the icing on the October cake with our trip to Germany next week. I can't wait to go home. My mom's going to help me make the baby's Christmas stocking (right, Mom?), we're going to have an early Thanksgiving, eat German yogurt, take pictures in the vineyards, visit the castle...etc., etc., etc. But most of all, I'm so excited to spend time with my parents and my three youngest siblings who can hardly remember way back in the day when I used to live at home. (I'm the oldest of seven.)

That said, I probably won't be bloggin' for a good three weeks. So, until then, here's a post full of pictures from our fabulous trip to California with Will's parents. (Thank you so much for everything, Grandma Rise and Grandpa Billy!) It rained most of our trip, which was a downer, but it was still so fun. We shopped, ate out, hit up DISNEYLAND. I wish I had decent pictures from that, but "the happiest place on earth" is people packed, and I have a two-year-old son who thinks it's funny to dart from us at any chance. Needless to say, us adults had our hands full! Anyway, most of the below pictures were taken at Laguna Beach on our very last night there. I mainly focused on Maggie since I was determined to get her 5-year-old pictures taken on the beach in that dress at sunset. So happy with how they turned out.

Oh, my Maggie girl. She is so sweet. I love her and I love her some more. When they handed her to me in the hospital, I immediately got all choked up and thought she looked exactly like me. That first day was the only time for the first few years of her life that I thought she resembled me. When she was my blondie baby and toddler, I thought she looked a lot like Will's dad or my sisters. But in this last year, when I look at her, I see my clone, just with lighter coloring, of course. Oh, and the prettier clone. I think she has the most beautiful smile and lips I've ever seen. Love you, little angel.















12 comments:

  1. you lead a charmed life my friend! enjoy every minute of Deutschland for me!! say hello to the fam and i can't wait to see the pics you take!! i may even want to steal some :) - love the pics you've posted - they are breathtaking!!! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and kiddos. We're really looking forward to the next two weeks together . . . and by the way, two weeks really isn't long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and kiddos. We're really looking forward to the next two weeks together . . . and by the way, two weeks really isn't long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I know that you are also the oldest of seven? Me too, in case we've never addressed this. There are only two left at home in my case. The baby (Kearis) and I only lived there together for 9 months, so she honestly has no recollection of me living there. We recently started a new family blog just for the purpose of telling family stories, from when the big kids were there that the little kids weren't there for/don't remember, and the things that have happened after the big kids moved out that we maybe don't know about. It's been fun to start gathering our collective childhood memories.

    Enjoy your next trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! She's a beautiful little girl, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! I'm glad that your crazy month has been crazy for such wonderful reasons! Enjoy your visit home. We will miss you here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are beautiful! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie...as always, your photography and your family is amazingly beautiful! May you have a wonderful trip and precious time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that little girl was born to be shot in that light :)! is it me or do we not get that sweet golden light very often?? so amazing and her outfit just put it over the edge, i would love to have warm photos of that in my home especially one cool rainy days during the winter months to come :)! safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh fun I wish I could go to Germany with you! Maggie is such a doll :) I love these pictures of her!! have fun in Germany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE the sumptuous pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email