Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mini Shoot in the Freezing, Shivering Cold

This year was the third year I've been lucky enough to take this fam's Christmas card photo. In fact, Jill was the second person to ask me if I'd like to practice on her family when I got my first DSLR. I was so excited and nervous and flattered, and I remember just about every detail about that session. Anyway, I'm really thankful for all the friends who've encouraged me and believed in me on this little photography journey I've set out on in the last few years. It's made all the difference to me and I hope to pay it forward as I continue on.

On a different note, have I mentioned that I hate winter? I really can get ba-humbug about it, but I will admit that our first snow of the year was awfully pretty and magical. But pretty and magical doesn't always mean convenient. Jill and I were back and forth constantly about when to do their session. The weather has been crazy, and the forecast pretty unreliable in my opinion. I was so glad we got it done last week, though, because this week has proven to be even more freezing. Anyway, these peeps are pretty darn gorgeous and photogenic, don't ya think?






9 comments:

  1. Very nice! And what I wouldn't give to have Jill's hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Such a gorgeous family. Every single one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how will she choose which one to use? Such a beautiful set of engaging photos. They give a warm feeling (love the interaction!). Stunning work, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the parents are so focused on their children. Really great photos of a great, beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie- Beautiful pictures as always! And yes yes yes we can meet up when you and Swill are here in January. Please please please? I would love to see you even if you only have time for lunch. Lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate winter too, don't worry.
    Lissie's hair is so cute in those pics.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email