Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sisters Make the Best Friends

I'm home from Germany, and all I can say is it was absolutely wonderful, and I have no idea how I'm going to get to all the photos! The kids have been in bed since 5:30pm due to jet leg. But they were up all day, so hopefully they will sleep through the night! I'm actually appreciating the jet leg because it makes getting up early no big deal. We got in at 1am last night and went straight to bed. I got up with the kids at 6am and didn't know what to do with myself, since we never get up before 7am. So, I used the extra hour to work out and get some spiritual time in. It totally made my day. Now my goal is to be in bed before 11pm. Seven hours of sleep is the magical amount I need to feel energized. Any less and any more makes me drowsy. I have no idea how I got on that tangent...

...I decided to first post these pictures that my mom took of my almost 16-year-old sister and me. I thought she did an incredible job, another talent to add to her many! Lissie and I had a blast. At the last second I decided to put that flower band around my forehead and Lissie convinced me to keep it on. But then I got to feeling all self conscious, so I made her wear it. And she would only wear it for like three pictures! I don't know if I'm going to trust her anymore. I can wear it, but she can't? Hmmm. I'm the one who is approaching 30!! No, I thought it was a fun touch. And I couldn't help but get my modeling on next to her. She was born with such stage presence, and she is so comfortable in front of the camera.

Hope you enjoy the first of many Germany pictures. And the first of many Lissie pictures!










PS. This last one is my favorite. It pretty much sums up sisterhood for me. :)

20 comments:

  1. I hope someday that you and your sisters will all be able to live near to one another. (That's what I hope for my girls, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! You should get your model on more often! I'm so glad that you and your sisters have such wonderful relationships. That's always been something I've wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to be able to see your family - esp. when they're so far away!
    I'm so glad you made it back safely - hope you and the kids get unjetlagged soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sums it up for me, too. I love sisters!

    So glad you're home.

    And you are so beautiful, Marie! You rocked that flower headband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are great! Looks like you had so much fun...and it's just a taste of what you did. Can't wait to see more! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad we did this. I think I need a copy of the first one. You are both so beautiful. And you are amazing to be posting on your blog the day after you get back. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are so beautiful! I love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie, you're GORGEOUS, too! You and all your sisters are so pretty & have that "look"--very unique! Wonderful photos of you & Lissie! So glad you had the time of your life with your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! All of you and your sisters are models, seriously!

    I especially love the one with Lissie pushing the bike and looking back over her shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally I think the headband is darling! You girls are so beautiful. I'm so glad you got to go see your family. Now come see your family in Texas and visit me while you're here. :) By the way girl, you are so stylish. You encourage all the rest of us moms who are trying to avoid slipping into frumpy housewife fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh!! I love this so much! No one would ever guess that you and Lissie are TWELVE?? years apart! And I think that you rocked that headband! It looked so cool! You both are great models :) and you're right, my did such a great job with the camera. Now she needs to get a fancy one like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Fun! Those turned out great! We are so glad you are back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marie! Love all the photos :) Especially the black and white. So beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ♥♥you both are beautiful!! and i'm glas you had a great time in germany - lucky!
    i think the b/w one is my fave - so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you got it right! the last one rocks.=) you guys are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie....I'm crying, and I have chills, and I'm smiling a HUGE smile...these KILL me! They are beautifully composed (YES, your mother is extremely talented, and so are you), the light is all buttery and delicious, the location is at once mysterious and inviting....and best of all--absolutely by far--one of the most prized relationships is portrayed in exquisite detail. Oh my word. I have died and gone to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marie...These are beautiful! I missed your family but every time I thought of you I knew you would all be having a wonderful time with your family. Can't wait to see more pictures but I am just in awe of these beautiful pictures of you and Lissie! These are amazing and I love that she loves that, too! Ahhh...........Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the comments, guys. :) You all are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email