Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving

I keep forgetting that Thanksgiving Day is next week because while I was home in Germany, my mom made Thanksgiving dinner early for us so that we could all celebrate it together. It was fabulously yummy, as always. She invited two German couples, one of which they invite every year and who have been dear friends of the family since early 90s when we first moved to Germany. The other German couple they know because they teach a weekly German class that my mom likes to attend. And the third American family friends arrived a few hours early so that I could photograph their children.

I took them out into the fields of our Malschenberg town, and the little girl immediately whipped out about 10 different poses, which cracked me up. And the little boy was all boy with some karate chopping poses up his sleeve as well. We took most of the shots of them together after the little girl cut her hand on some sharp leaves. She had about three little paper cuts and was pretty upset about it, rightfully so. But he was able to help her finish out the photoshoot with lots of snuggles and giggles. Oh, how I love the bond between siblings. And oh, how I love the colors of fall. When it started getting dark we anxiously headed home for Thanksgiving dinner! We were hungry!

My parents seem to always give their dinner guests the opportunity to share their talents, especially their musical ones, and after our Thanksgiving dinner feast, these two played the piano for us with a bow and curtsy at the end. I was impressed! And like always, we also went around the room and told each other of the things we are grateful for. I don't remember what these two said, but I do remember that the little girl kept thinking of more and more things she wanted to tell everyone. Such a cutie.

I said I was grateful for a beautiful and loving childhood, and for the opportunity to be visiting my family again. Did I mention it was wonderful?
















6 comments:

  1. What cute siblings! I bet that was quite a houseful for your early Thanksgiving dinner. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, they are so sweet! And I love thinking of your Thanksgiving dinner together. What an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful! Such cute kids. Love the one of them smiling at each other - so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out so great . . . I might even need one of these for my picture collage.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email