Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hoping everyone has a happy Christmas! Our family photo this year is again courtesy of my friend Jill Holyoak. I think she did such a fabulous job!

And you should know, I don't like yellow. Why I made our Christmas card this color, I have no idea. It's totally not my color, but it's good to spice things up, right?

Oh yeah. I know why I did yellow--because it looks good with black and white (I think). And cute little Magnolia has a yellow hat on, and yellow is totally the fall color of Germany, where I took the photo of the three kids. That's why.




Here's another fun one of my kids in Deutschland:



Wow, my card is really yellow.

And here's our Christmas card letter:
(Most of you already know all this stuff, but for family history's sake, here it is.)


Merry Christmas!

We’ve grown in number since last December. Juliette Claire was born on March 29th and has easily been one of the happiest and most welcome changes to our year. She has a dainty and soft-natured personality, and she is a delight to be around. We love her silky baby skin, bright eyes, plump fingers, round belly (outtie!), and her tiny mouth. She’s quite irresistible.

In a singsong voice, Isabella would describe Juliette as “the cutest piece of pixie dust in the whoooole world,” all the while helping her baby sister flap her arms. Juliette lights up, kicks her legs and nods her head excitedly in response. It is the cutest thing to watch.

Isabella has been in a ballet/tap class this year. Her leaps and twirls around the house are a welcome sight. I always hoped she would love to dance. And to Will’s delight, she loves soccer, too. Will and I were so impressed with how well she did during her little soccer season this year. She definitely knew how to play with the best of them and even scored and defended some goals. We were proud of our girly girl.

Isabella also loves to play with Liam, and Liam is usually happy to go along with anything...within reason.

“Liam, you’re the prince and I’m the princess,” she’ll tell him.

“I not a prince, I a big boy!”

“And you’re the prince.”

“I a BIG BOY!”

And that goes back and forth for a bit until Isabella gives in.

“Mom, you need to tell Liam what a prince is.”

Liam’s dimpled grin and expressive eyes keep us entertained every day. One of my favorite things is when at the dinner table he lifts his eyebrows up and down and says, “Mmmmm, nummy, Mommy!” He says it really loud and several times in a row. Did I mention that he likes to eat?

He’s also taken off with speaking in the last few months. It’s bittersweet for me to watch him figure out the correct way of saying things. Luckily, he still says, “I wanna hold you” when he wants me to pick him up, which is often. Between his sweet words and dark eyes, I usually can’t resist mustering up some mommy muscles for our big brown boy.

There isn’t anything too new with Will and me. We’re just doing our best to keep everything in balance and enjoy our little ones. We love you all and miss those of you far away—too far away. And we love this time of year when the world celebrates the birth of our Savior.

Wishing you the happiest of Christmases!

Love,
Will and Marie
Isabella, Liam and Juliette

7 comments:

  1. Maggie's vintage coat is perfection in black and white. How did it look in color.

    Yellow is not a favorite of mine, either, but it sets off the photos nicely. Great work by you and Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! And it is different, so that spices things up for sure. I don't know how you look in yellow normally, but in black and white you look great. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow can definitely be made to look festive. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great! I love it!! Such precious pics and you made yellow look GOOD! I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email