Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Snaps: Auf Deutschland

Guten Tag! Below are some random snaps from Germany.

This first one of Magnet and me was taken at a German restaurant my parents took us to. I wanted to post this picture because I'm rarely in pictures and we're rarely, rarely in pictures. Plus I've been feeling especially grateful for my handsome man. I don't gush about him too much on here because I don't want to embarrass him. But seriously, I couldn't ask for more. He is my number one fan and support. He'll stop anything to listen to me and help me make decisions. And that's often. I can be so indecisive! He's always taking me on dates, and the kids on individual daddy/daughter/son adventures. He reads to our kids every night. He does the dishes more than I do. He works hard. He's ambitious. He is so good and so generous. Tonight I just have to tell the world how much I love him.

Speaking of dates, he took Magnolia and me to Gino's, my favorite little gyro place downtown Heidelberg.

Baby Magnolia was a pretty happy camper. I think she likes coming along.

Next up, I got my landscape photography on. I didn't think I had any interest in landscape photography, but take me to Europe and I'm all over it. Here is the beautiful old bridge in Heidelberg:

Castle ruins:


Another portion of the Heidelberg Castle:

A shot I took from the castle overlooking the city and beautiful Neckar River:

Switching gears a bit, here is my uber cool dad and brother jammin' out in the band room. The room was too small for me to get a shot of everyone, but you can bet Christian and Lissie were rocking out with their guitars and vocals. And you can imagine us less talented peeps crowded around the door listening in.

Next up is Turtle, Bryant's cat. My kids loved her! If you know me, you know I'm not an animal person. But I like Turtle. I like her so much that for the last few weeks I've been feeding a stray cat that comes around our house. We've named her Turtle Two.

We went on several day trips to nearby villages. Cute Magson sat so nicely for me in front of an old door I found in the adorable downtown of Ladenberg:

Here is the rest of the gang strolling the cobblestone streets. I will never forget the photography shop we found in this town. Displayed in the windows was a lot of unimpressive studio photography...poor lighting, etc. It killed me! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate indoor studio photography, but if I were in Europe with the endless scenic backdrops, the last place I would be is inside taking pictures. I don't think those photographers know what they have right outside their doorstep... sigh.

And last but not least, here is Malschenberg, the little town I grew up in:

There's no place like home!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I think you came at one of the prettiest times of the year. I love autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It is fun seeing some more pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite post EVER! Such gorgeous pictures! Gino's: Yum! Magnolia: Yum! And that last picture makes my heart ache! So so pretty.
    And hello gorgeous! You two are a very attractive couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting these! It's been so long since I was in Germany. I didn't have the opportunity to grow up there, but I remember Heidelberg from spending three years of my childhood close by. The pictures of the bridge and the castle sent chills up my spine and tears to my eyes. I wish I could go back and show my hubby some of the places I remember in that beautiful place. You are a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Leslie; you're a lucky girl. I'm sure it doesn't always feel that way when your visits home have to be so infrequent, but what a wonderful place for Magnet to get to visit his in-laws!

    It's nice to hear you gush about your husband. I think husbands often deserve more praise than we give them.

    I think the photo of Magson in front of the blue door is might be my favorite, but I LOVE the landscapes. I think the one of the bridge would make a perfect jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Germany but Europe is just fabulous all together. Tears were swelling up in my eyes looking at these because you caught the beauty in such ordinary things. I have images just like these trapped safely in my mind from my time in Italy. Good for you for taking time to do some landscape shots. And you're right, how can you go wrong when everything is so beautiful and romantic there?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! a few of those landscapes would be an awesome 1000 piece puzzle. we just put the last of the holiday puzzles away, and these shots reminded me of them :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you about the studio photography! Why on earth wouldn't they use the incredible backdrops that are all OVER outside? I love these photos. They make me nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous you got to grow up there, it is so beautiful! So this is a little random...but have you ever played Ticket to Ride? They have a Marklin version and it is super fun and it totally reminded me of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby and I have been playing around with the idea of a European vacation. We've been debating which countries to visit, and I told him that we had to go to Germany because I remember the pictures from when Claire visited your family. These pics only make me want to go more! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your yellow Christmas card. I didn't know you don't like yellow, I think it looks good with you. How was your Christmas? I need to call and catch up! I love your pictures of Germany. They look like postcards...even better than that! I'm glad you got to go back home. I can't believe how big Magnolia is getting. She looked absolutely adorable on your Christmas card. She just looks so round and cuddly like you could just eat her up. What a cutie!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so cute :) I love the pic of you and Will together...there's not that many pics of you on your blog! Wish I could have gone to Germany with you :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these pictures!!! Some day, some day, I'm going to Heidelburg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that picture of you and Magnet! And that little Magson... he just melts my heart. All of these pictures were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email