Monday, March 7, 2011

Snaps and a Recap: I'm a Celebrity Look Alike

I've wanted to blog this last week, but I have had some technical difficulties--boo. My internet doesn't work for more than 5-minute intervals, and my card reader has gone berserk on me. But a fancy new card reader came in the mail today, and I plan on getting a new router tomorrow. I am so excited and also baffled that I could love electronic gadgets so much. I guess I'm nerdy like that.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post some old snaps and also give you a recap of our last few crazy weeks...and my awkward moments have been piling up, so I might share some of those, too. In fact, let's start with an awkward, shall we?

We tore out all of the white carpet and linoleum out of the downstairs of our house. Goodbye old floors. I do not miss you. And hello new floors--I am madly, deeply in love with you. (Pictures coming soon.)


But let's back up. While Will was tearing out the linoleum in the bathroom, he accidentally stabbed our toilet, leaving an unsightly crack in the front. It was a bummer, and we had to get a new toilet. All day long our old toilet sat in front of our house. I didn't like that at all, but whatever. I wasn't going to say anything. Then... that night... Will said, "Marie, look out front."

"What? What? Uh-Uh. You take that down right now."

Killing over with laughter, he says, "Isn't that hilarious?"

"You did that?"

"Yep."

"Stop it! Take it down!"

"Take a picture."


So, I took a lousy picture thinking he'd take it down afterward. But nope, it sat out there all the lovely night long. Absolutely mortifying if you ask me. Luckily, he took it away to the dump first thing in the morning, so I don't think anyone really saw it.

While our flooring renovations were going on, the kids and I spent a lot of time upstairs. They did things like take two-hour baths.



Will's home office got moved to the side of our bed at one point. I love this picture of Magnolia helping her daddy work. Poor Will. He was so patient with our house in dishevel.


In other news, Magnolia has mastered her bear crawl, has her top fangs growing in faster than her two front teeth, and is growing a mullet and a mohawk. Pretty sweet, heh? She has also been sleeping like a champ during her morning nap and waking up way too often throughout the night.


Maggie has been wiggling her first loose tooth.


And Magson has been flexing his muscles.


And me? I've been working on this list of awkwards for you:

*Three people came to the door the other day without telling me there were evidences of dead bird on my front door mat. Dang that stray cat (that I feed) leaving us presents. Not cool.

*A few Sundays ago, I wore a light cotton-weight skirt to church. As I sat through our first meeting, I kept looking down horrified at the leg I was revealing. Kids crawling all over me is not always conducive to modesty. Sheesh!

*Okay, I admit it, I've got quite a thing for chocolate chips and I'm always scooping them up in handfuls. Maggie, the ever observant one, just flat out told me one day, "Mom, you're eating too much sugar."

And I'm thinking, Yes, little one, but I'm a grown up and grown ups can do whatever they want...

And then I'm back at our Costco-size chocolate chip bag five minutes later.

Maggie: "Mo-om!"

Okay, I know, I know. And this is awkward. You are five. Why do you care? She also tells me I need to exercise.

*Once, again, it's Friday night, date night. Will brings home a movie with The Rock actor in it. I hate it when he does that because it is plain mean. Here's why:

After we were first married we did that "My Heritage" thing where you plug in a picture of yourself and then you get the results of all the celebrities you like. Will looked most like super model Claudia Schiffer, and who's my big look alike? Yep.

THE ROCK.


(And don't you dare tell me you can see a resemblance, otherwise we are no longer friends.)

Alrighty, that's it for tonight. Sorry for the monster post. I guess that's what happens when I don't blog about our life enough. It gets crammed into one long read, and I didn't even scratch the surface.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this post! 1. Will is hilarious! I love love love the toilet story. 2. Your kids are and forever will be gorgeous. Magson flexing: that facial expression is so Lissie/Bryant. And beautiful Magnolia - do they come any cuter?! Maggie, sweet Maggie: Please stop growing! Loose teeth? I love that you're growing up, but please stay little Bella forever.
    And no Marie, you do NOT look like The Rock. Haha. I do however remember plugging our pictures into that website. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed seeing your posts in the past week. Can't wait to see the floor pics. And, I'm so glad you got a picture of the toilet planter. Good thinking Will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the toilet picture, too hilarious! Plus I'm so jealous you're getting new floors, can't wait to see the finished product! Your kids are gorgeous as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I missed the toilet in your front yard. I always think those "planters" are so funny!

    Also - hilarious celebrity look-a-likes! haha!

    I'm glad Maggie is taking care of you and your health. Maybe she should come plan an intervention over her with me and my infatuation with chocolate chips! From experiences at your house, I'm sure it's no surprise it has been passed on to Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Fun post! Darling pictures of your children! I love the one of Magson flexing! And I didn't weigh in before but I love, Love, LOVE the pictures of Jen's girls. They are GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...I don't see it....maybe your coloring a little bit? You aren't very "rockish". I think you look more like the girl in "The Losers". Not a good movie...but you kind of resemble Zoe.

    I'm bummed I missed seeing your toilet planter. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may have been my favorite post ever. You guys are so funny! At least Magnet put the flowers in the tank and not the bowl! I love all of these pictures. It makes me a little sad though, to think of what my snapshots look like in comparison. I'm glad I don't live with Maggie, because I need to exercise WAY WAY WAY more than you and also have a sugar addiction. Funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have thought that someone with vampire fangs, a mohawk, and a mullet could could be so stunningly beautiful. Love that black and white of Magnolia.

    Don't know if I should admit this, but I went to see Gnomeo and Juliet with my kids. That made the toilet planter seem even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post made me laugh, more than once :) The toilet with flowers in it is hilarious, and no I don't see any resemblance with you and the Rock or with Will's look alike either. Did you end up liking the movie?
    I can't believe how fast Magnolia is growing up!
    Addy has lost 2 teeth already. Pretty crazy huh?!? I about freaked out when she told me she had a loose tooth before she even turned 5! Anyway, remind me to tell you about our little trip to the dentist the next time we talk.
    Speaking of sugar, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one munching on sugar all day. Today it's neon gummy worms and peanut M&M's, weird combination, but that's what's in the pantry keeping me going.
    Oh I so often wish our kids could play everyday...and us too. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed your posts too! that toilet in the front yard is soo funny! I'm surprised will did that! and no, you don't look like The Rock haha. that website is messed up haha.
    love this post, sooo funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your "awkward" posts. My favorite was the one about the chocolate chips. (;

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am crying. That last comment was so dang funny. It got Blake laughing too. Enjoy those chocolate chips and if YOU are told you need to exercise, I must really need to exercise! You are adorable, your kids are adorable. Won't say Will is adorable, that would be weird. But he is really nice. And can't wait to see the floors.=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is, hands down, my favorite posting you have every written. I love hearing about what is going on in your life, and the pictures of your kids are adorable. The one of Liam looks so much like Jake to me. And the one of Juliet sleeping is so beautiful and has such a unique perspective. The toilet flower pot was pretty great too. But are you sure Isabel is ready to loose a tooth cause I'm pretty sure she is still a baby, right? As always I love your whit and your humor. I vote for more blog like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still laughing about your celebrity look-alike. Partly because we got The Tooth Fairy in the mail from Netflix yesterday. Want to come watch it with us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. And Magnet doesn't look like Claudia Schiffer! He looks like Chris O'Donnell. (Are you sick of me commenting on this post yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, NO, I will be not watching any movies starring the Rock. I think it bugs me so much because I do see resemblances...just similar facial features or something. Now nobody will ever look at me the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right! He does look like Chris O'Donnell! I think you've told me that before. I also think he looks a bit like Matt Damon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. K so I did the celebrity look alike thing because I was kinda curious and apparently I look like J.K. Rowling. I don't see the resemblance, but whatev. I guess I should actually read Harry Potter huh? I was kinda hoping for Gwyneth Paltrow or Kate Bosworth (I think I'm gonna cut my hair like hers).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just did Jaran too and his look alike is jesse jackson ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Claire, at least they got your gender right! I would never have thought that Jaran looks like Jesse Jackson or that you look like J.K. Rowling, but Gwyneth Paltrow, yes! You totally do!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email