Thursday, April 21, 2011

You Lift Me Up

Lately I've felt especially grateful for my friends. Old friends, new friends, acquaintance friends, best friends, internet friends--my friends. There's rarely a day that goes by that I don't think about how kind so-and-so is or how thoughtful another is. There is so much good in this world and I feel blessed to be literally surrounded by people who lift me up.

The mother in these pictures is one of those people. We've been in a writing group together for a few years now. Each time we meet, we bring a piece of writing to my dining table and pass our papers around. I've read so many of her stories. Some of them have been of trial and heartache and others hilarious or sweet; all of them have been meaningful and honest glimpses into her life. And let me tell you, this girl can write!

Most recently I've read about how she and her husband adopted these three beautiful, beautiful children...all at once. After years of waiting for this moment to arrive, they are suddenly a family of five. (Find more of this story at 1000rubberbands.) During our photoshoot, I got to see a bit of what a dream come true looks like. I got to watch Ryan toss the boys into the air, I got to see Tawny embrace and love on her babies. I saw all three kids adore their mom and dad. I can't tell you how fun it was to witness this family at play together.

Amidst the crazy, spontaneous, and unexpected things that happen on a regular basis when there are three young children involved (believe me, I know), the overriding feeling as I shot this session was one of peace and brimming with happiness. As the sun faded and we hiked out of that field, I felt so lucky to be there.















13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. Wishing this new little family lots of love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I totally agree about the peace and happiness feeling! It looks like Heaven to me and makes me so, so happy for them all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! They are so beautiful. Such joy. Oh, I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, you have wonderful friends because you ARE one. I'm glad you could capture such cute pictures of this sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DOH! Jill, not Kiff. I have to quit embarrassing him like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Such a beautiful story, and such beautiful pictures to tell it with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE all of these pictures. They really are an amazing family! I'm so glad you got to capture so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very sweet! I love all of the "real" moments that you caught and made so beautful! They are lucky to have these, and i am lucky to have you as a friend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this family. Love these pictures. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon took the words right out of my mouth; we are so lucky to have these amazing photos! They ease the sting of not having any of their baby pictures. Marie, thanks so much for capturing us as a new family! We'll always treasure these images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these pictures are so beautiful. i love this family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable family! Love this post. You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email