Sunday, May 15, 2011

Whoa-ah! Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

A few years ago, I admired how Mika Beth Edwards painted a bunch of tires for a photoshoot. I was blown away by her creativity and really hoped to someday take pictures with painted tires myself. Turns out, last week I had the perfect reason to hunt down nine free and very dirty tires on Craigslist. I had to haul them home in between all our car seats without hurting my little ones. Unload them. Explain myself to my neighbors out mowing their lawns. Wash them. Scrub them. Scrub them some more. Throw them around the driveway to get out all the water trapped inside of them. Dry them. Avoid weird looks from passerby. Tell myself over and over again that I'm not a crazy junk-hoarding kinda lady, and that this would be well worth it. Oh yeah, and paint them.

But back to my reason. At church, we're all given callings (essentially an assignment to serve in a specific way). I just got a new calling to plan one-hour activities for the eight and nine-year-old girls a couple times a month. I immediately thought PhOtoShoOt! And yes, I'd say looking like a crazy tire lady was well worth it. Just look at these beauties!























20 comments:

  1. These turned out great! Wish you could come photoshoot for one of my YW activities (bring the tires!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and colorful shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable and such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I'm trying to picture you being the neighborhood "crazy lady" but somehow I just can't. :) I think these all turned out great. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! So so cute!! I love those tires. What a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man you are good at what you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! My fav was the group shot!! just love! how fun for these girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaarghhh! I can't believe you did this right after Judy turned 10! Fabulous! Will you please send Alice a link to this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I say.........AMAZING, PRECIOUS, BEAUTIFUL, SWEET and dear to my heart! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO FUN! you are super talented! what a fun activity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so great Marie!! These girls are going to LOVE you as their leader! I love the tires! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute! I know those girls were super excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this! So fun and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tires! What a creative idea... they look super cute! I have that same calling too! Isnt it fun? I love that you did this with them, they are all so cute! You have a pretty large group too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are amazing! They turned out beautifully and what a special treat for the girls, and their parents too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job Marie! What beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man that sounds like AND looks like a lot of work... but those tires look great! I wanna copy you copying Ms. Edwards... but can I just use your tires, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did activity days for 2 years in two different wards. Love it! And the girls are so fun. Not old enough to be rude, not young enough to be babies. What a great leader you are!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email