Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Will was in charge of Family Home Evening last night and taught a wonderful lesson about the true meaning of Easter. I was so glad he picked that topic because I was feeling bad that we didn't get a chance to sit down and talk about it as a family during all the crazy Easter festivities this past weekend.

First he asked, "What is Easter really about?" And I was relieved that the first thing that came out of Isabella's mouth was, "It's NOT about the candy!" (Because all weekend it's been candy central over here. And I'm doing a wonderful job of rationing it for the kids, and an even better job of not rationing it for me. Just finished off another Kit-Kat. Bleh.)

But back to cheery things! I loved the ward Easter breakfast and egg hunt! I filled most of the eggs for the activity earlier in the week. It was pure torture for Juliette to watch me open bag after bag of candy and not share with her, so it was especially fun to see her go find all those candy-filled eggs!

Saturday morning was enjoyable in every way, and hello sunshine. Easter weekend was the perfect time for you to show yourself again. Stay awhile?



I think Isabella was the most excited about Easter morning. She got up extra early and couldn't wait to go hunt for her basket. As she tore open cupboards and coached Liam and Juliette about where E. Bunny's favorite hiding spots were, she also reminisced about how last year her basket was in the hardest place! This year Liam's basket was the toughest to find. He was pretty proud when he found it, and said, "My basket was in a SUPER hard place!" (It really was.)


Don't mind the St. Patty's t-shirt on Juliette. I meant to post about St. Patty's Day, actually. The kids were hilarious. The only leprechaun damage we had was green milk. Liam said it tasted so yummy and wanted more, while Isabella dry heaved and ran to the sink to spit it out as soon as she realized it was green.  It was the first time we'd ever had a leprechaun visit, and I think more leprechaun visits are definitely in our future. Bwahahaha.


Back to Easter. After church we went to Will's parent's house for an Easter feast and early family birthday dinner for me. It seems like holidays are always more magical when grandparents are involved. Even Will and I got a basket!


I love, love coming to Grandma Rise and Grandpa Billy's house. They always spoil us, and I always feel like a better mom when I'm there. I don't know what it is, but it's like time slows a little, and I'm able to forget about the normal stresses of life more easily there. (Probably because I'm not in charge of the Easter feast!)


Juliette could not understand why I wouldn't help her open that bag of candy. I just couldn't bring myself to give her more sugar!


There was also an egg hunt! They've started a tradition of putting money in eggs, and the kids love gathering up all that change. There were even a few golden eggs with $1 bills in them!  Isabella told me last night that she thought she could buy anything in the world with all the money she got. :) It was cute, and I'll have to take her to The Dollar Store, otherwise she's going to be quite disappointed with how much her $5 in change will actually buy her.



And hurray! Uncle Michael was home for a visit with his fiance, Jessica. They are so cute together! It takes me back to when I came to meet Will's family for the first time. Such wonderful memories. I'm excited for these two. They're getting married in July! Yay for another sister in law!


And yes, that's a "Happy 30th Birthday" on that most delicious cheesecake. And while I'm not too keen on the thirty bit, I love my life--all thirty years of it, and especially the here and now. I never imagined life could be this good.


Happy Easter!


5 comments:

  1. awww Happy Easter!! I love all the pictures! It looks like the kids had a blast!! :)
    And happy birthday to you TOMORROW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love this post :) Isabella is looking so mature in those pictures - such a little lady. Love all your Easter festivities. And the part about Bella dryheaving her green milk - haha! That girl :)
    I so wish we would've done an Easter Egg Hunt this year - I know Annabelle would've loved it... Next year for sure though :)
    Happy Birthday, tomorrow :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I am so glad you guys had a great easter! Your kids are all SOOO adorable!! And Happy 30th Birthday!! That's a big one! Cute post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday, and Happy Life! I love all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter and Happy Birthday! Your kids look so cute.

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email