Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We Finished!

This year I am determined to make a blog book of our family's adventures, and finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time as a family is definitely one for blog book records. I am so proud of us! We've already started reading it again, and I hope that we can read it countless times as a family. It's so wonderful to see my kids learning the stories and beginning to understand the invaluable lessons that are within the pages of that book. I love the Book of Mormon!

Anyway, to celebrate, a family party was in order. We were planning to have a picnic at a random beach/park in the area, and let the kids have fun in the uncharacteristically warm May weather we had a few weeks ago, but as we were getting ready to leave, Will's mom called. She told us they were at the lake house and wondered if we wanted to join them! The kids have been dying for summer to arrive so that they can go to the lake house, so this couldn't have been more perfect.

After all was said and done, our party consisted of a fancy McDonald's dinner on the dock, playing on the beach, and we topped off the evening with S'mores around the campfire. Here's to many more "We Finished the Book of Mormon" family parties!











9 comments:

  1. Oh I miss your beautiful family!! And what a huge accomplishment! That is so so great :) You and Will are such great parents. Man, that close up of Bella makes me need my Bella-girl extra bad. Tell her I miss her tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! That definitely calls for a party! What fun memories you guys are making too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And what a fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! That is so great.=) We were planing on Disneyland when we finished but now we are too far, so Nauvoo it is! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! What a fun evening! We really were spoiled with some fantastic weather! I hope it comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I can't wait until we finish one day. It will be an awesome feeling. I love your beautiful pictures, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wohoo!! Way to go for finishing!! I love these pictures! Your family is so beautiful, I miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! We are on the very, very slow track to finish. Good work! And of course, your children are ever so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pic of Will and my Dad and how the chocolate matches Liam's eyes!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email