All in all, I'm just so thrilled at what a positive experience school has been for us so far. The only thing I'm still puzzled about is why she'd get off the bus grumpy almost every day. Maybe she was hungry and tired? But anyway, I felt like she learned a lot and was challenged, and I couldn't speak highly enough of her teacher. Here are just a few of my favorite things that her teacher wrote about her each trimester:
* Isabella is a thoughtful, polite student.
* Isabella is quiet, but always contributes valuable ideas to our daily discussions and lessons.
* She is a true pleasure to have in class.
* Isabella is a hard-working and focused student.
* She is at grade level or above grade level in all skill areas of both reading and math.
* She puts forth consistent effort and I can always count on her to be ready to learn.
* She is an exceptional girl, and a positive leader in her class.
* Isabella is becoming such a great writer. I always enjoy reading her journal and notes.
* Math continues to be a strength for Isabella.
* Isabella has made wonderful progress in kindergarten this year. Her hard work and focus in class are assets. She is a true joy to teach.
Okay, enough gushing from me. Here's a few photos I snapped the morning of her last day of school. After a week of rain, it was actually a sunny last day!
Here she is with her teacher at her Kindergarten graduation. :) She wanted Mrs. Sullivan to have flowers and her Grandma Rise and Grandpa Billy brought Isabella some beautiful flowers to mark the occasion, too.
Here's a quick (sorta) family picture after the graduation. Liam and Juliette weren't in a picture-taking mood, I guess. Stinkers. :)
Lastly, here's a little bit of what our summer vacation has been looking like so far. Lots of Isabella reading to her brother and sister-- I love it!