Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy

Man, life sure gets away from me! I feel like things are insanely busy right now, but I don't know that I have a very high "pain" tolerance when it comes to the craziness of life. People keep telling me that it's going to get crazier still. I'm sure my thresh hold will continue to expand, but it's hard to imagine life getting any busier than it already is. But even after long and tiring days, I wouldn't trade this season of my life for anything.

So, on to some happy things of late. We went out to the lake for FHE a few weeks to help put the boat in the water. It was fun to go for our first ride of the summer. Hopefully we'll find enough free time for many more boat rides before rainy season is here again. I can't believe summer is half over already!






2. Juliette's hair is long enough for braids. I snapped this while she was sitting in the bleachers watching Liam and Isabella at swimming lessons, so her hairdo was pretty thrashed by this late point in the day, but it's still cute as ever. And it kind of kills me that her hair is long enough for french braids. That's a big deal at our house...it's a true sign that babyhood is about gone. I say "about" gone because even though she is a chatterbox and says "Why, Mom?" all the time to me, she's still very much the baby in our home.


3. Swimming lessons is over! This is both happy and sad. I don't think Isabella will miss freezing her buns off in the water, and it's freed up some evenings, but they had a fabulous time and it was fun that they could be in the same class. Looks like Kung Fu Panda boy had a fun time, too. :)


3. Great Grandma Gross turned 85 this month! I love this lady so much. She is a simply delightful ray of sunshine, and I love every minute we get to be around her.


4. Way back in May, Will and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary by going to the temple, dinner, shopping and a movie. My kind of marathon date! I love this guy more than I could possibly express. Our newlywed days are technically behind us, but I still feel like a newlywed in the sense that I feel the need to pinch myself all the time. And if my hands weren't so often full, I'd be holding his hand 24/7. He is so, so wonderful and pretty much the most handsome man I've ever seen. Love you forever, babe.


I guess that's it for tonight. I just wanted to make some progress in the way of what's become our family journal before I head into another full week. Life is so good and I'm so thankful.

4 comments:

  1. Love that last pic of you and Will :) wore that skirt the other day too. It might be my fav maternity skirt right now :) and Juliette's braids are adorable. Can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice journaling and pictures. And I think you can call Juliette a "baby" for a long time still . . . we were calling CLB "the babies" until they were almost teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really nice picture of you and Will. Your life is definitely busy, but you handle it well. You always seem so pulled together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok a few questions...how did Juliette break her arm??!?!? Poor thing! She looked cute with her cast on. Happy anniversary! Your skirt is cute in the pic...I noticed Emma said it's her fav maternity skirt ?? do you have something to say?
    Oh, and Liam's hair is getting light! Such a handsome guy! You guys like great!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email