Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Utah Trip: Part One!

When we heard that most everyone in my family was going to be down in Utah in August, we couldn't not go! Even though people came and went at different intervals and we only got to spend an hour with Lauren and family, it was still so wonderful. For about the first week, we stayed with Emma and her sweet crew and we truly had a blast! Emma is an amazing aunt/sister and stellar hostess and we all just love the heck out of her. She and her pregnant self even helped me keep my goal of working out for a half-hour five days a week while I was there. Seriously, the night our plane got in, we were doing lunges and sit-ups at 2am. We joked that we weren't going to waste a single minute of our time together.

The very next morning she made all of Isabella's dreams come true and put together a lemonade stand with some of the neighborhood girls. It was too hot to stay out there much more than hour, but in that hour, I think we made $12! And the kids truly scored in the "looking cute while gobbling cookies and chugging lemonade" department.



It's a bit of a blur to me what we did between Day 1 and Day 4 or 5 when Will arrived (probably because many nights we stayed up practically all night watching Downton Abbey). I know there was swimming, lots of running around in their fun backyard, getting Uncle Christian settled in his new dorm, throwing a "Ready to Pop" baby shower for Em's sister-in-law, Ashley, and even a bit of shopping without the kiddos! :) We stayed busy, that's for sure!




When Will arrived one of the first things he did was take Liam and Isabella to hike Y mountain. I suppose Juliette and I should've gone, but I was being a wimp. Again, watching Downton Abbey in the wee hours really can zap you. I don't know what it was, but I really didn't want to go! I do regret it, though. I should've been on that little adventure. They had a wonderful time and for the rest of the trip they couldn't stop pointing at the Y and marveling that they climbed that high.


Here's some mild evidence of what fun the cousins had together running circles and jumping off anything and everything:


And I must mention that we are all pretty huge Annabelle fans! Juliette can't stop jabbering about "awerplanes" and "ammabelle," and Isabella pretty much dissolves into tears if you even mention Annabelle's name. Annabelle is so darling and smart and beautiful and brave. I keep telling Emma that there should be a children's book series called, "Annabelle." Kind of like the Madeleine books or the Fancy Nancy books... she's got so much personality!





Oh, I just love cousins, and every minute I get with my family! Are you ready for Part 2?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic trip! Beautiful pictures as always!

    Did Will really hike the Y in flip-flops?!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that naked picture! So cute!!!! Looks like such a fun time. So jealous I wasn't there for all of this :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this post :):) You got so many good pictures. And you're so funny, being such Annabelle fans. We sure love you guys too!! Those little girls' bums are ah-dorable :) And those pictures in my living room completely sum up the cousin-craziness :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted about this. And I love all the "cousin craziness" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing. I love your photos! Also, that mural over the fireplace is beautiful. Also, the kids are cute as ever.=) If you ever want to visit Nauvoo, you know where to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I love it when you post....such pretty pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your pictures. and what a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those naked bums are the best! You have such a great talent for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How come I did not see this post till now!? That naked bum pic is so so so adorable!! And you guys are so amazing for throwing me a shower in the middle of all the "craziness" haha youre the best! Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email