Monday, November 19, 2012

Wicked





I think I first heard about the musical "Wicked" from my family years ago, and I've always wanted to go ever since. My sisters have seen it multiple times, and even loved it in German, so it's been on my wish list for awhile now. And not only has my family raved about Wicked, but Will's mom has also been dying for us to go see it because she knew that we would love it. Will and I almost went when we were in New York last Spring, but we didn't plan ahead very well, and the few tickets available at the door were pretty pricey, so we held off.

Well, the stars finally aligned a few weeks ago and Will and I went! It was really fun to dress up and go out at night to Seattle, something we don't do too often. We didn't have time to go to a restaurant for dinner, but we found this cute little crepe stand on our way to the Paramount Theater. Those crepes were every bit as good as they looked and smelled, and very much worth the way out in the cold. Yum. I could use one of those crepes right now!

The show was amazing like everyone said it would be. It made me want to watch The Wizard of Oz again. I don't think my kids have even seen that movie, so we will have to have a family movie night soon and watch it, especially since I know that before long I will be wanting to take my girls to see Wicked!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely *LOVE* the first picture you posted! So darling and wonderful - so full of love and emotion! What a great moment to capture!

    We saw Wicked last time it was in town. We loved it! We wanted to go again this time, but the stars just didn't align. Glad you enjoyed your night out :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to see it. I saw it in German, and it was very good, but I'm guessing the English version was even better. And The Wizard of Oz was one of my very favorite movies as a child. Your kiddos need to see it!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email