Monday, March 18, 2013

Cancun Part 2: The Pool!

IMG_8904Cancun2013 Cancun2013-2 IMG_9119Cancun2013 Cancun2013-10 IMG_9000Cancun2013BW IMG_8933Cancun2013 Cancun2013-3 IMG_8960Cancun2013BW IMG_8544Cancun2013 Cancun2013-5 Cancun2013-12 IMG_8523Cancun2013 Cancun2013-13 IMG_8542Cancun2013 IMG_8603Cancun2013 IMG_8708Cancun2013 IMG_8709Cancun2013 IMG_8721Cancun2013 IMG_8977Cancun2013BW Cancun2013-4 IMG_8995Cancun2013BW IMG_9036Cancun2013 IMG_8610Cancun2013

I'm finally blogging out about our Cancun trip--the parts I was there for, anyway! I made it there on Tuesday around lunch time and I was so, so happy to be there! The kids were all suited up for the pool, and so we had a quick lunch and then they showed me this favorite pool of theirs, where I'd say we spent 80% of our time. I think they loved this pool so much because the whole thing was pretty shallow, and there were also a couple of "hot" tubs that they loved jumping back and forth between. Right next to the pool was also a jungle/beach area where they could play in the sand. And I loved this pool because it was really warm, so I had no problem getting in!

The kids made quick friends with any children that came around, and I think their favorite friend was a Mexican boy named Diego about Isabella's age. They played a game where they'd take turns hiding the beach toys from each other. This kept them entertained for what seemed like hours! Isabella got sick on Thursday and didn't feel up to doing much but resting on the lawn chair. She didn't get better until a few days after we got home, so she was down and out for about five days! It was the longest time I've ever seen her that sick, and I felt so terrible that she had to travel home feeling so rotten. And, of course, one by one we each got this terrible flu bug, so we were down and out for the entire week after we got back, hence the reason it's taken me so long to get blogging about Cancun!

But we're all healthy now, thank heavens! I've never been so happy to have an illness behind us. This trip was really fun and I sure enjoyed the sunshine and our time together as a family, but I'm also just really grateful for our normal day-to-day routine! I think that's one of the great things about vacation... you're always ready to come home! Actually, I might be the only one that feels this way. The kids can't stop talking about going back to Mexico! They really had the time of their lives.

Stay tuned for Parts 3 and 4!

6 comments:

  1. A real live Mexican friend named Diego?! That is pretty dang awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon. These should be in a travel magazine. You make Mexico look so good!! ;) love that sweater on you too. And that hat. Hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures! I'm glad you guys are all better! Thank goodness. Being sick is the pits. Glad you made it out with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Marie, you are one hott mama!! Looks like you guys had so much fun at that pool :)

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

Followers

Popular Posts

Follow by Email